New Indian restaurant Arboleas

Started by johnnyz45, March 28, 2024, 20:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmj52

Not really into Indian food, the last meal was in Wales in 2017. However for a change we went with friends to the Indian Garden last week for an evening meal. Was packed with Brits. The service was good and friendly staff. The meal was nice, but to be honest I expected it to be a bit hotter/ spicier.
For a Chinese or Thai meal we go to Puerto Rey. Restaurante Yaho Alta
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Johnny73

Angleseyite

sandy b

That's classed as Albox isn't it?

OGM

Quote from: lmj52 on April 11, 2024, 09:42:20 AM
Quote from: sandy b on April 11, 2024, 09:02:42 AMIt's about time we had a Chinese restaurant in Arboleas area or even Zurgena  or  Alfoquia. We used to have a great Chinese restaurant where Harleys is now. It must have been a while ago as one half was for smokers and one half for non smokers. It was a fantastic restaurant. 

Happy Garden is already here?

I hope so, I'm booked to go there tonight, if they've moved since I booked the table, I won't be happy.

lmj52

Quote from: sandy b on April 11, 2024, 09:02:42 AMIt's about time we had a Chinese restaurant in Arboleas area or even Zurgena  or  Alfoquia. We used to have a great Chinese restaurant where Harleys is now. It must have been a while ago as one half was for smokers and one half for non smokers. It was a fantastic restaurant. 

Happy Garden is already here?
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

sandy b

It's about time we had a Chinese restaurant in Arboleas area or even Zurgena  or  Alfoquia. We used to have a great Chinese restaurant where Harleys is now. It must have been a while ago as one half was for smokers and one half for non smokers. It was a fantastic restaurant. 

SallyW

Quote from: cooperscasa on April 10, 2024, 05:15:29 AMThe indian garden is the only one for me.
The staff are so friendly and its a great family run restaurant.
The spice tastes in the food are second to none.
No they dont do a set menu, BUT who needs one when the tapas are large and flavorsome and for only 2 euros.
Great place to eat with friends at lunch time in the patio area where i go most weeks and sit with dog.
I used to use their sister restaurant in turre,so glad the have opened here.

Couldn't agree with you more.  I eat there at least twice a month. 👍😀

cooperscasa

The indian garden is the only one for me.
The staff are so friendly and its a great family run restaurant.
The spice tastes in the food are second to none.
No they dont do a set menu, BUT who needs one when the tapas are large and flavorsome and for only 2 euros.
Great place to eat with friends at lunch time in the patio area where i go most weeks and sit with dog.
I used to use their sister restaurant in turre,so glad the have opened here.
phil bill

Not_Asking_Much

Quote from: SallyW on April 09, 2024, 04:59:17 AMThe Indian Garden has been there for some time, in the building that used to be the Carrillo.  The new restaurant is the Taj, which used to be in Albox but has moved to the other side of the main road into Albox, beside the little Mora garage supermarket.

For my taste, the Indian Garden has much better food and is a more pleasant restaurant, but each to his own.

Thanks. I'll have a look next time I get fuel at Mora Oil.

Angleseyite

Quote from: Tetley on April 08, 2024, 22:31:07 PMits a  wonder the sat nav lady is not off sick with the Anxiety ,

I bet she doesn't know weather she is onion barging or spring rollin in Arbolea  :wink:

lets hope we dont get any rounderbout road works up at top end otherwise the job really could go on its orse  wi diversions   ::)

evening all  :afro:

My view is that we're blessed in this area with some very good eating establishments including the Indian restaurants which I have found to be excellent which ever you choose...

SallyW

The Indian Garden has been there for some time, in the building that used to be the Carrillo.  The new restaurant is the Taj, which used to be in Albox but has moved to the other side of the main road into Albox, beside the little Mora garage supermarket.

For my taste, the Indian Garden has much better food and is a more pleasant restaurant, but each to his own.

Tetley

its a  wonder the sat nav lady is not off sick with the Anxiety ,

I bet she doesn't know weather she is onion barging or spring rollin in Arbolea  :wink:

lets hope we dont get any rounderbout road works up at top end otherwise the job really could go on its orse  wi diversions   ::)

evening all  :afro:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Not_Asking_Much

So we have: "the new Indian garden on the big round about" (post #8) and "the New Indian restaurant in Arboleas" (OP).

I just assumed the restaurant being discussed WAS the motorway roundabout one (across the motorway from Mora Oil). Is there another new restaurant?

Cindygirl

SallyW

Quote from: Cindygirl on April 05, 2024, 12:51:28 PMDoes the new Indian garden on the big round about do a set menu please as I have
yet to try it

The Indian Garden doesn't have a set menu.

Cindygirl

Does the new Indian garden on the big round about do a set menu please as I have
yet to try it

SallyW

Rod

Does the Taj still do the fixed price menu?

OGM

I've eaten at the old Taj a few times, the food was good, but the service was poor, long wait from order to starter and even longer for main course, we were on the point of walking out when the food eventually arrived. I'll stick with India Garden.

katycat

The Indian Garden is the one for us too, without a doubt.

johnnyz45

SallyW

I tried it last weekend and it was OK, but definitely not as good as the Indian Garden for me.

Lynne

It's the same owners as The Taj that was in Aljambra so I would think that the quality would be as good, definitely my favourite Indian restaurant without a doubt.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

johnnyz45

Has anybody tried the New Indian restaurant in Arboleas? What's the quality of food like, and price? Cheers John