Euro song contest

Started by Johnny73, May 12, 2024, 13:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny73

Almost 8 million viewers in the UK alone watched this tripe so I'm sure it will carry on.

cgden

Its about time that they called this so called song contest out of its misery

doreen1

Anyone who sat through that load of rubbish can be satisfied that the drugs they take are working....i.e brain dead 🤣🤣🤣

timb

How i miss Clodagh and her Jack in the Box, Sandy and her puppet on a string, Brotherhood of Man's Kisses for me and the highlight of that generation, Cliff Richards heavy metal Congratulations! All true classics!

As for the semi nakedness of the contestants, I blame a bra less ABBA and those naughty boys in Bucks Fizz whipping the mini skirts off the blonde girls for opening the flood gates.

Thankfully Eurovision night for the past 30 years has reminded me it's time to switch off the telly and get the old collars and cuffs shaved for the summer!!

Johnny73

Sort of electrical.
AC DC 🙈

Tetley

i thought gender neutral was a shipyard  fitter that did electrical work as well.....  ::)  8)

morning all ,were on wheel bearings to day and machining  flanges .old  mondeo space shuttle through a bearing yesterday on San Juan re entry approach ..... ::) :shocked:

turned out nice again this end in the Arboleas downtown district . :wink:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Rod

It used to be about the song, now it is about how little clothes you can have on, our grandparents would be turning in their graves.
A little off subject, returning from the UK, having not been there for a few years, I saw a sign at Stansted airport, after security, for a gender neutral rest room but no rest rooms for men and women, only toilets.

Lynne

Quote from: Penhallow on May 12, 2024, 18:38:57 PMThis so called singing contest needs to end , All the flashing lights and scenery , the Allinsons never had all that and should have won !! (1961)

Couldn't agree more, loved that song - just shows my age...!!!
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Johnny73

The Allison's could have been singing about the contest now.
## Are you sure you won't be sorry?
Comes tomorrow, you won't want me
Back again ##

They never had another hit and disbanded two years later, Bob managed a pub .
Shame as they sounded as good as the Everlys.

Penhallow

This so called singing contest needs to end , All the flashing lights and scenery , the Allinsons never had all that and should have won !! (1961)

Johnny73

Forgot to mention the guy who seemed to think it was ok to prance around with no shorts or underwear or whatever. Various acts with women wearing as little as possible.
Wonder what Sandie Shaw thought of it all ??

Tetley

Im just pleased im not gay ....what up bloody showing up for the LGBGT Community,

normally when the lads get a frock on or Glammed up in the leather/PVC  pants they can sing..... 8)

Our Hull Hessle road  Lad Joe Longthorn bless him did a great Shirley Basse

Joe Longthorne - I (Who Have Nothing) (youtube.com).

if anybody's over in Tenerife check this lad out ,worth a watch ,camp as Christmas and a great act ,
The Boy George Experience | Keith George (thekeithgeorge.com)

Video | Facebook
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Lynne

Quote from: felipe on May 12, 2024, 15:36:37 PM
Quote from: Lynne on May 12, 2024, 14:32:11 PMThere are comments that I could make about this 'queer-fest' but I would be banned from the forum.  I sometimes wonder what this world is coming to when this is classed as acceptable tv.
Feel free Lynne. I feel the same about it. What this world is leading to goes beyond imagination.

Not sure if I can spell half the words I want to use... :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

felipe

Quote from: Lynne on May 12, 2024, 14:32:11 PMThere are comments that I could make about this 'queer-fest' but I would be banned from the forum.  I sometimes wonder what this world is coming to when this is classed as acceptable tv.
Feel free Lynne. I feel the same about it. What this world is leading to goes beyond imagination.

OGM

An absolute steaming pile of Sunderland. I don't watch it, but seeing the press releases and stories on social media I think they have plumbed a new low.

Lynne

There are comments that I could make about this 'queer-fest' but I would be banned from the forum.  I sometimes wonder what this world is coming to when this is classed as acceptable tv.

Johnny73

What an exciting song (sic) contest. Weird and scary acts with no singing. The scary Irish act and the 5 UK lads singing half naked upside down in a public shower .
Spectacular.😅
Binery, non binery , gay and more.
Political undertones due to Israel's inclusion .
The French guy was one of the few actual singers on show.
What a great week of entertainment.
Karaoke in the Hostal will never be the same.🙈😅🙉