bougainvilla

Started by bobndebs, February 09, 2009, 07:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lisa j

Hola,

Sorry to hijack the thread a little, but what are you views on watering newly planted bouganvillas, we know that well established plants need very little but are having problems getting new plants to establish to any degree.

P Brain :'(
Rambla De Oria's only licensed Elephant Catcher.

bobndebs

I've got them in a trough and have just trimmed them back - still green on the branches on the inside so i might be lucky - and also my mandervilla is showing signs of new shoots so fingers crossed.  It really has been an interesting year for me - some things have worked brilliantly others have just died and gone to the big garden centre in the sky.  My street is called calle aire so i guess there is a hint in there !!!

thanks for the info guys

debs

nicki

Mine did this last year and looks the same again now. It did come back in the spring and flowered lovely.

bobndebs

Morning

I planted some of the above on my roof terrace and last year it bloomed and looked lovely - It now looks like its died - how can I tell if it will come back to life - how far do I cut it back - is it the same as roses and cut it to about 9 inches (if that's right - might of just made that up !).  any advise would be greatfully received.  I know I was supposed to cut it back in January - which i did - but not sure if i did it low enough. Or what signs to tell if it is dead or dormant..

any advise would be gratefully received.

many thanks a very confused debs