Water Restrictions - Pools

Started by SallyW, April 10, 2024, 15:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich, ADVANCE Digital, Talldude (+ 1 Hidden) and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.

shadeseeker

Just a fairly  light shower in Aljambra  :cry:
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

Angleseyite

Panic over, it's raining heavily, just in time for the pool top up :grin:  :grin:

Elgin

Interesting in that BOJA 61/2024 does NOT say anything about not filing pools etc it jut says municipalities have stay within the limit of 200 litres per person per day.  This may well explain why some town halls have issued notices of full restrictions and others have not.  I am aware that Arboleas, Taberno and now Vera have issued notices of full restrictions but, as far as I am aware Huercal-Overa has not.  This may be because that town's system is still using less than 200 litres per person per day. 

timb

Unfortunately SallyW brain cells struggle to compete with arrogance and ignorance! Both much in evidence sadly. Last week I went to a friends villa and their next door neighbour was happily washing his patio and front driveway with a hose without a care in the world. That then leads to an attitude of "well if it's ok for them........."

Tetley

simple way around that one Johnny ...tanker fill up ,then wee in yer pool  :)) ( ie meck it non drinkable .....)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Johnny73

So to be clear it's not allowed to get a tanker delivery unless it's non drinkable water.
Do tankers deliver anything other than drinkable water ??

SallyW

It must be obvious to anyone with half a brain by now that there has to be a serious shortage of water because we haven't had any serious rain for at least a year now.

However, it's amazing how many people seem to be completely ignoring the situation and are just carrying on as usual, particularly when it comes to their swimming pools! Either they don't realize, or just don't care, how much water there is in a pool and how much water it takes to keep it topped up, especially in hot weather.

As has been pointed out by several people, 200 litres per day, per person, is more than enough water for all day to day household needs, but a pool is an expensive luxury, no matter how good it is to have in summer.

Tetley

info from Vera Mayor for anybody not on facebook...with an intrest.

THE MAYOR-PRESIDENT OF THE HEIFER. VERA CITY COUNCIL
Dear residents of the municipality of Vera,
Hereby, Mr. Alfonso García Ramos, Mayor - President of the Hon. Vera City Council, using the powers conferred on it by law.
MAKE IT KNOWN:
The Junta de Andalucía has declared the entry into a situation of serious and exceptional drought shortage of the Cuevas del Almanzora System to which Vera belongs, indicating that in this scenario water saving plans will be activated , (BOJA Number 61 of March 20, 2024).
In general, citizens, as well as those responsible for facilities, both public and private, are requested to make responsible, supportive and efficient use of water, checking for possible leaks and applying all possible measures to avoid unnecessary consumption.
The measures that will come into force immediately after the publication of this statement are the following:
The pressures on the supply network at night will be reduced.
Prohibition of the use of water suitable for human consumption for the following uses:
Irrigation of gardens, public and private parks.
Street washing.
Filling of private swimming pools with the exception of municipal public swimming pools, sports or social clubs, those used for therapeutic purposes in health centers and those in tourist accommodation that appear in the official registry of the Junta de Andalucía.
Public showers and fountains.
Car washing except in authorized establishments.
Ornamental fountains that do not have a closed water circuit.
Water not suitable for human consumption may be used for survival irrigation of gardens, public parks and golf courses, being restricted to a maximum amount of 200 cubic meters per hectare and month.
The Local Police may carry out surveillance and control tasks over compliance with the established measures and, if necessary, will inform this Mayor's Office of the offending conduct of this group.
This order will come into force the day after its publication on the Municipal Notice Board and will have an indefinite duration until a new order is issued that annuls it or the end of the drought situation is declared, and may be complemented with new measures if the situation would advise it.
What is made public for general knowledge and for the appropriate purposes, we strongly request all citizens for their collaboration in its compliance.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

gus-lopez

Quote from: tonychris on April 15, 2024, 10:16:13 AMSo annoying, our pool looks like a swamp but yesterday in the village saw someone hoseing their car!
which in itself is totally illegal as you cannot wash any vehicle even inside your own gated & fenced property.It comes under environmental rules & is banned.Only can be done at a standalone car wash

tonychris

So annoying, our pool looks like a swamp but yesterday in the village saw someone hoseing their car!

Angleseyite

Quote from: Tetley on April 13, 2024, 11:34:16 AMthink i might open a shop in albox selling farmers  water Ang ,  :shocked:   ::)

the shop further up from Mercodana sells wasps ,he seems to do ok in summer .....ie always got a few in the window.... :))

:grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Tetley

think i might open a shop in albox selling farmers  water Ang ,  :shocked:   ::)

the shop further up from Mercodana sells wasps ,he seems to do ok in summer .....ie always got a few in the window.... :))

Angleseyite

Quote from: Tetley on April 13, 2024, 08:30:55 AMAng us farmers locally are on our own reservoir  which we pay for and maintain ,hence were still using our water

i still water my olives once a week and the public palm trees outside my house

the authorities will probably manage the recreational water usage even more so now this global warm up is happening, but we have had 2 extremely dry years and mild winters and looking at my olive trees i recon we will be down 50 % on 3 year ago ,same as last years crop because the trees need more water which were no longer getting because of the reduced rainfall .

the only good news is the olive oil priced doubled so 50 % is fine I just need to keep all the trees alive with a weekly sprinkle  :wink:

Yes, I'm aware of that Tets, I'm totally surrounded by olive groves, bit of a nuisance with the pollen lark in May though, the farmers will let you have some of their water too, just have to ask nicely... :grin:  :grin: 

Johnny73

The pool guy who does our absent neighbours pool and over 30 others said you can top up from any source you like and we will have 3 weeks rain shortly as we did last year so that's great news .
All the pools locally look nicely topped up so maybe they are piping it from Tetleys reservoir .
The pool guy also said he hasn't seen a local Policia in weeks anywhere.
Now time for a paddle about.🏊🤽

Tetley

Ang us farmers locally are on our own reservoir  which we pay for and maintain ,hence were still using our water 

i still water my olives once a week and the public palm trees outside my house 

the authorities will probably manage the recreational water usage even more so now this global warm up is happening, but we have had 2 extremely dry years and mild winters and looking at my olive trees i recon we will be down 50 % on 3 year ago ,same as last years crop because the trees need more water which were no longer getting because of the reduced rainfall .

the only good news is the olive oil priced doubled so 50 % is fine I just need to keep all the trees alive with a weekly sprinkle  :wink:

SallyW

I'm aware that pools can be filled using a tanker, but in the summer months that would be required on a regular basis for just topping up to keep the level above the hoover pipe.  I imagine that would be pretty expensive and it's not what the majority of people appear to be doing.

Oh well, as pointed out above, my conscience is clear. 😀

Angleseyite

Quote from: Johnny73 on April 12, 2024, 22:43:29 PMRead Junta de Andalucia  rules please.
Arboleas is in the community of Andalucia but I'm sure you know that.
Rogers post was quite correct but if you want a tanker then best of British.
Nothing more to be said really.
🙊🙊
I'm not saying you're wrong Johnny, so don't become defensive, I'm just saying what I've been told by the pool shop guy etc. Our farmers are flooding their fields like there's no tomorrow as well.
But enjoy life while you can and all that

Johnny73

Read Junta de Andalucia  rules please.
Arboleas is in the community of Andalucia but I'm sure you know that.
Rogers post was quite correct but if you want a tanker then best of British.
Nothing more to be said really.
🙊🙊

Angleseyite

Quote from: Johnny73 on April 12, 2024, 21:59:50 PMProblem is you can't but he ho each to their own.

https://www.surinenglish.com/malaga/can-community-swimming-pools-filled-with-water-20240320154816-nt.html

But no doubt someone will know better.!!
Doesent bother us either way

But that refers to Málaga and not here!!

Johnny73

Problem is you can't but he ho each to their own.

https://www.surinenglish.com/malaga/can-community-swimming-pools-filled-with-water-20240320154816-nt.html

But no doubt someone will know better.!!
Doesent bother us either way

Angleseyite

Quote from: Johnny73 on April 12, 2024, 20:25:00 PMSurely bandos have been issued all along the coast and nationally . This is a water shortage crisis nationally.
If the Policia check your pool then pay the consequences if it's topped up.
Surely bandos are not necessary to understand what the situation is.

I've been told you can use tankers to fill your pool...so what's the problem  :shocked:

Johnny73

Surely bandos have been issued all along the coast and nationally . This is a water shortage crisis nationally.
If the Policia check your pool then pay the consequences if it's topped up.
Surely bandos are not necessary to understand what the situation is.

Angieh

So the TH doesn't have to issue a Bando to advise of the restriction in their area ? You are suggesting that fines can be imposed totally across Almeria province ?

Roger

The water restrictions are applied across the whole of Andalucia.
Not town by town.
The issue of private pools, which are banned, has been commented on by the President and widely covered in the press.
Who controls this law?
I believe it's the local police, who are authorised to take action.

Puff TheMagicDragon

Anyone that turns off their autofill, or takes other steps to conserve water supplies, I applaud you.
You can walk down the street, with your head held high, knowing your integrity is intact.

Puff

gus-lopez

Quote from: SallyW on April 12, 2024, 05:44:25 AMSo, judging by the replies on here, am I the only one not topping up my pool?

No I'm not. Then again the cover is still on it :))
To my knowledge we don't have any restrictions up here yet apart from on irrigation  but that does notaffect us as we use so little.

lmj52

In our town we haven't got the restrictions as yet. However we've always been careful with our water usage. Everyone can play their part. As an example, we run the tap into a bottle before a shower until the water is hot, then the shower water goes into our bath, we have a pipe that runs this water to another container. We don't stand in the shower long, and we tend to use 14 litres per shower. This water is then stored and used to water our vegetables and trees. We have an underground water tank, so when the water gets turned off, for fixing leaks etc. We still have a supply.
I see various posts of people using power washers to get the dust off their walls and patios. Crazy.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

DLMcN

Sally - We do not have a pool, but are trying not to let too many of our garden plants and trees die. In addition, our daughter [from UK] has been staying with us. So we have been keeping an eye on our weekly consumption rate, making sure that we do not exceed the two-person quota - and we are well within our permitted limit, fortunately. Summer months could require a more careful watch, however.

It is probably too soon to say how the new guidelines will be monitored and enforced.

SallyW

So, judging by the replies on here, am I the only one not topping up my pool?

Tetley

tell em all Thames waters tecking over ,that  should frighten em ... :))

Angleseyite

Quote from: gus-lopez on April 11, 2024, 15:57:57 PM
Quote from: Tetley on April 11, 2024, 14:19:39 PMhttps://uk.yahoo.com/news/swimming-pool-rules-spain-could-104340385.html

**  ban the use of drinking water to fill pools, which means using raw water from wells or groundwater. This then has to be filtered in the pool, requiring them to be closed for between 24 and 72 hours.**

They are talking nonsense. Up here everyone only ever uses irrigation water to top up pools as you are using chemicals in it anyway so no point in using potable. & no there is no need for them to "be closed for 24 to 72 hours" Waht the **** is that for??
I haven't died after 22 years of using irrigation.

Exactly Gus, some utter rubbish being spouted and scaremongering going on as per usual!!!! :grin:

gus-lopez

Quote from: Tetley on April 11, 2024, 14:19:39 PMhttps://uk.yahoo.com/news/swimming-pool-rules-spain-could-104340385.html

**  ban the use of drinking water to fill pools, which means using raw water from wells or groundwater. This then has to be filtered in the pool, requiring them to be closed for between 24 and 72 hours.**

They are talking nonsense. Up here everyone only ever uses irrigation water to top up pools as you are using chemicals in it anyway so no point in using potable. & no there is no need for them to "be closed for 24 to 72 hours" Waht the **** is that for??
I haven't died after 22 years of using irrigation.

Tetley

Another worry for us now Johnny  ::) 

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/swimming-pool-rules-spain-could-104340385.html

,every bxggers cancelling there holidays , :shocked:

lets hope it doesn't effect our fiests Money , ::)

think il have a yellow park up some were and get nicked ....help out a bit wi shortfall  :))

(Get these Arboleas lads back on the Fiesta  again and crank the job up a bit ,just like the old days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12PS_V8HQX8

Johnny73

Nobody that we know is paying a blind but of notice to the pool filling restrictions.
Fortunately there is very little crime other than those rogues  that park illegally so no need for costly Policia .🚧
Keep it up Tetley, we might get Non Potable or a rock band back for May day .🎉🎉💃💃

Tetley

Rog

local police defiantly effective

i got a parking ticket at the local market for 80e :shocked:  .....

i contacted  my lawyer immediately  ....
::)

he said FFS  ,just pay it and next time dont park on yellows  :angel:

so i was straight down the town hall 2 days later ,paid up and received a 40e discount on the fine

so now we have another 40e In the pot towards our Village fiestas  ,if we can get a few more fines in we can maybe get this band in  ,i love a cinzano and a boogie  :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qchPLaiKocI 

morning campers ,turned out nice again this end  :afro: