ideas for the garden

Started by lou, May 23, 2009, 10:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judi bk

Sorry it took so long Lou I have been really busy

Here are your lovely photos

[attachment deleted by admin]

lou

sorry having trouble posting photos!! Have followed instructions on the photo forum but no luck Help!!!

judi bk

One of our most successful projects was building a "shade house" with raised beds for seedlings and plants that don't like the heat.  We used the wire mesh that they use to reinforce swimming pools and curved it onto upright posts.  For the first two years we had the very fine bamboo but now the plants manage to provide shade on their own.  In fact we have to prune it regularly or it gets too dark in there.  It is agianst the kitchen window so shade that from sunlight keeping the kitchen much cooler.  We prune hard in Autumn so there is plenty of light in the kitchen in the winter.

[attachment deleted by admin]

nicki

Yes, good idea. I can then tell John what I want him to do in the garden  :lol:

Lynne

Great idea Lou.  I love looking around other people's gardens for ideas and then adapting them to suit our circumstances.  We're working on the garden at the moment - well my husband is doing the hard work, I just nod and smile and mainly agree with him to keep him happy. 
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

lou

One of the things I miss about the garden club is the open gardens where you could get some ideas of things others have tried. So I thought what about if we had a photo section on this site !!! Where people can put photos of ideas that have worked for them also for newcomers where they can get some ideas. Just a thought anyone else agree?? Lou