Waterpark in Vera

Started by Pattie, June 03, 2009, 13:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pattie

Thanks so much.  Once again the Forum comes to the rescue!

Pattie

knowall

Quote from: Pattie on June 05, 2009, 14:53:56 PM
Thanks for the extra suggestions.  Is it easy to find the Baza lakes?

Pattie

It is the Negratín reservoir and there is more information here:

CLICK THIS TOPIC

Danny

Hi Pattie,

I would recommend the purchase of a map, on which the lake, which is quite large, would be clearly seen. If you can locate the dam, then on the road that leads down to the dam is a right turn which leads down to the "beach". I can't remember what is on the signpost.

Dan

Pattie

Thanks for the extra suggestions.  Is it easy to find the Baza lakes?

Pattie

Danny

From Cantoria, about an hour, but will be much less when (if) they eventually finish the motorway.

Dan

suelesj

Quote from: Danny (fat Danny) on June 04, 2009, 15:26:19 PM
As a family we have enjoyed visits to the lake beyond Baza. There are pedalos, a restaurant that serves good, reasonably priced food, and the water is lovely for swimming, feels cleaner than the sea. Not really a beach, but sunshade and usual beach paraphernalia is advised. Lovely spot. Also in a different part there are the hot spring baths.

Dan

How long does it take to get there Danny?

cruisequeen

Pattie if you go on the messengerinspain web site there is a write up this week about mini hollywood
Lesley

Danny

As a family we have enjoyed visits to the lake beyond Baza. There are pedalos, a restaurant that serves good, reasonably priced food, and the water is lovely for swimming, feels cleaner than the sea. Not really a beach, but sunshade and usual beach paraphernalia is advised. Lovely spot. Also in a different part there are the hot spring baths.

Dan

Pattie

Brilliant - all suggestions to keep these two youngsters occupied are very welcome.

Pattie

adasingleton

Also slight divert try the oasis theme park, was mini hollywood, fantastic day out and also included in the price during the summer is the swimming pool.Its about 1 hours drive and with the zoo and the western village with bank robbery and shoot out its a fab day out for all ages. And you can take a picnic.

google the name for directions and cost we have found the price hasnt changed for the last 5 yrs and Its a full day out and well worth it. And with the pool being free you can also cool off.
My 11yr old would go every week, he loves it.

pyewack

if you check out the website it tells you prices /times etc
in july/aug it closes at 19.30
hope this helps

knowall

Quote from: olly on June 03, 2009, 20:18:00 PM
I think if you leave it till after 4-30p.m. in July you get in at half price. Sounds late I know, but it`s open to about 8-30 p.m. in July.
That's a really good option, Olly, you can get burnt to death otherwise in the sun.

olly

I think if you leave it till after 4-30p.m. in July you get in at half price. Sounds late I know, but it`s open to about 8-30 p.m. in July.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

pyewack

check out the website
www.aquavera.com

we went last weekend,take a pic nic the food is average there.
shelly

barbara a

:head karen you are just like me my other half allways say i dont my left from my right ha ha

Karen4

Oh good grief... you are right Phil!!!! Sorry Pattie...it's on the right!  :-[ :-[ :-[
Cl3880

Pattie

Thanks so much for the directions etc - and a 10% discount coupon too!  Very grateful.

Pattie

chelseaphil

I think that is turn right Karen :) You women just don't left from right. Hence the cause of many accidents :):):):)

Karen4

It's very easy to find - at the Bougainvilleas Roundabout at Vera/Garrucha follow the signs for Villaricos/San Juan and you will see it on your left, about 3 or 4 roundabouts down. To get in you turn left at the big Consum supermarket.
Cl3880

nicki

Pattie

Can someone let me know precisely where the water park is in Vera please?  Also an idea of the price?  We have an 8 and 13 year old coming over in July and really need to find places to keep them entertained.

Thanks for your help.

Pattie