Is Saturday a holiday

Started by judi bk, August 13, 2009, 15:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geminis

Oops!!!!  Must have misread it in one of the local papers....    :whistle:
The "angelic duo"

thetidders

It is as Judi says Feast of the Assumption Day today - a catholic holy day & Spain still has some of these feast days on its calendar including All Saints day (Nov 1) & the Immaculate Conception (December 8th) as well as this one.  

Jean
Jean & Vince Tildesley
ILLIA!

judi bk

It is
QuoteAsuncion (Assumption)
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

QuoteMother's day Celebrations in Spain...
Mother's Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of May in Spain. Like elsewhere, this day is
observed throughout the country to honor all mothers. Shops all over Spain make a brisk
business selling chocolates, flowers, greeting cards and many other presents for Mother's Day which find a great favor with children although many of them prefer to handcraft the greetings and presents for their mothers.

Claire

I wonder if they celebrate it twice or have another type of Mothers day as I get my flowers/gifts etc from mine (via school) normally around April/May time  ???

Geminis

Apparently it is Spanish Mother's Day today, hence the holiday.  :lol:
The "angelic duo"

Lorraine

Arhh - that's why Merkys was a war zone today!

Geminis

Yes definately Murcadona in Albox is closed.  Charters in Arboleas open until 2pm.....
The "angelic duo"

Grumpy Gringo

Confirmed in the village this AM. The market is on!!!! :clap: :clap:and Las Palmeras is open again :clap: :clap:

nicebut

Mercadona in Huercal Overa is closed tomorrow.

judi bk

There is a note in Charter.  They are open from 9 until 2

cruisequeen

Saturday is a National Bank Holiday - the shops should be shut, however the ones in a holiday resort are normally allowed to open especially if they sell bread.  The Markets are not normally covered by the bank holiday ruling
Lesley

Natalie

I think its just Albox.................i have the radio on see what he said again?!

DavenPam

Essentials will be open as usual on Saturday and we are pretty sure Arboleas market will be as normal.
Former owner of Essentials in Calle Carrera, Arboleas.

Natalie

Quote from: Geminis on August 13, 2009, 16:07:40 PM
From what we have read and heard it is a "red holiday", which is a national holiday where all shops are closed.  Don't know about the markets though.
That's what i heard on the radio and unless you have applied for a "Special" license your not supposed to be open in Albox area  ???

willemina

Saw today that Mercadona Puerto Rey is open (half day).

Rambla Café

The Rambla Café will be open

terrytrees

Mercadona Mojacar is open. :tiphat:
Terrytrees.

Geminis

From what we have read and heard it is a "red holiday", which is a national holiday where all shops are closed.  Don't know about the markets though.
The "angelic duo"

enjay

Don't know about all the shops but Albox Mercadona is closed.

judi bk

If so will all the shops be closed - markets?