New Cat and Dog rules?

Started by galeras1, April 15, 2010, 11:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogy

There is good and bad in every country ???

Nina

Well Said Babyboomer! :clap:

P.S  What about the Rescue Centres here that are overloaded with dogs that the British have dumped when returning to the Uk?  Who are we to dis the Spanish, when Brits can be just as bad! There are good and bad in all cultures!!!
My dog's not spoiled ... I'm just well trained !

Babyboomer

What most people miss is that most countries outside of the UK have entirely different attitudes and feelings about pets. Many of the arguments made about the Spanish treatment of animals is matched by such countries as the USA - they treat them as animals. The pet owners in the UK are not so perfect. Many people breed dogs for fighting, young men like dangerous dogs to up their macho image, cruetly and mistreatment of domestic animals is rife in the UK. If the UK gets its act together then they have a right to criticise others. Interestingly there is talk in the UK about asking people to take out insurance. As a 30 year plus supporter of the Dog Trust (was the National Canine Defence League) and the ILPH (International League for the Protection of Horses) I have long long argued for better controls on all domesticated animals - licencing, chipping, spaying, innoculating, insuring with strong penalties for failure to comply and mistreatment of animals. There could be exemptions for guide and other assistance dogs, pets for the elderly could be exempt from licence fees (the charities will chip,innoculate, spay animals).  I won't detail here my experience as a UK magistrate in 3 cities regarding animal cruelty it still makes me shudder. So lets put our own house in order and then enlighten others about more humane management of domesticated animals.
Mark Drew email:mark1drew at gmail.com El Prado, Arboleas.

racer

Me Thinks he was as rare as chickens teeth.  :o

PuffTheMagicDragon

Quote from: racer on April 15, 2010, 16:23:03 PM
That will only concern English owned Cats and Dogs then.  :whistle:
Not necessarily.
We picked a dog up a couple of winters ago on the motorway slip road at VĂ©lez Rubio, all wet and bedraggled and an ugly little mutt to boot.
We took him to the vet and he was chipped, when we returned him to his owner, an old Spanish chap, he was in tears of joy to see his little dog.
After all that is said about the Spanish and their animals, this made me feel very humble.

gretch

NB Not having a pop at you Racer!

andie

o no,thats all wi need  :o
english plated pussys  :rofl:

mee how ! :crazy:  :wave   :tiphat:  S

racer

That will only concern English owned Cats and Dogs then.  :whistle:

galeras1

I have just seen a poster outside the Albox Health Centre published by the Auntamiento which seems, to my limited Spanish, to refer to new rules about the identification of cats and dogs.

Can someone who is more able than I explain further please?.