Why do wives hate Spain and their husbands love it

Started by peterhargrave, July 03, 2010, 06:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterhargrave

Is it not the case that most wives spend most of their life concerning themselves with the family, what facilities or lack of them exist, what the quality of school, medical, social support, entertainment facilities, cost of living, fruit and veg, meat and fish and thousands of other things

Whilst the husband only wants to know the price and availability of beer and cost of running the car.

If we reversed the roles I am sure we would reverse the outcome or am I wrong???? :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

Yorkshireman

GOLF WIDOWS.....I think I could help out there! :whistle:
Ear all see all say nowt,eat all sup all pay nowt,and if tha ever does owt for nowt , allus do it for thisen!

caza1tooth

What about husbands who do not drive or work!!! I've left him!!!

chelseaphil

From a guy, I think that you are right Frankie. But also think that 'missing the grand kids' is possibly an excuse. What would happen if the children moved to another part of the UK? Several hours drive away. Would the grandparents then follow?

It also helps a great deal if the woman drives over here. We know several that refuse to drive even though they can. Yet driving here is easier than in the UK.

I think that it is just a case that some women simply cannot settle here full stop. For whatever reason but use the grand kids one as the get out clause  :tiphat:

We both love it here, but we do have both our daughters and our new grandson close by.  But if either or both decided to go elsewhere in Spain we would not follow them. (They have no intention of going back to the UK)

Mercurian

I can find more than enough to do myself, with my husband and one or two good friends.  Don't really need to get organised with anyone else.

owdoggy

Mrs Doggy loves it here, in fact the only way you're getting either of us away from this place is in a box....... actually, that's not strictly true because since we found out that a dead bod in your pozo every so often keeps all the biological doodys fizzing away properly we've agreed that the first one of us to kick it....... goes in the pozo :clap:

She did say that I would at last be of some use ....... can't imagine what she meant by that :lol:

Doggy

jabba the cat

hey Norman water off a ducks back mate but we have had 20 odd nice replies to a good subject then you come along.no wonder people dont
air their views on here when they know people will might or will ridicule their views. :tiphat:

NormanM

Quote from: jabba the cat on July 03, 2010, 09:55:36 AM
nothing to do with the dream thats gone wrong due to the illegal problems in this area on top off the above reasons plus it does get very hot here in the summer. :wave

Hot?  Here?In the summer?    Never.......!  Who could be so dozy as not to have noticed before they came to live here?
From Normam

andie

this is why its best to keep a house in the uk so the man of the house can graft this end  ;) ie getting the house all nice and ready to move into (normally takes 8 to 10 years   :-* ) and the lady of the house can pop home to go shoping and keep her eye on things  ;D  S

ps if thairs any chaps out thair,thinking of  buying and struggling threw,getting the house ready you will need to budjet around 80 quid a week for food & ex,s   :o   :wave

blueboy

On most visits to view property I found it was the women who wanted to go back and it was usually the grandchildren they missed :tiphat:

jimbothescot

Being the nosey sod that I am, I tend to ask people when I`m loading up,the reason for going back.In the last year I would say that there has been a few elderly folk going back with health issues.Middle aged people/self employed going back because of no work,and the number 1 reason is grandchildren and in every case I can think of,it has been the woman who was pushing to go back.

Jimbo :tiphat:
Jimbo The Scot Removals
Gonar, Almeria, Spain
Tel  Mob 771080170(Jimbo) or 711093912 (Ali)
UK mob 0044 7985 762606
www.jimbothescot.com or e-mail jimbothescot1@yahoo.co.uk
For a friendly efficient removals service.

peterhargrave

Ruff Ruff Ruff Grrrrrrrrrr :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

owdoggy

Quote from: peterhargrave on July 03, 2010, 16:01:10 PM
Amazing with all of the above also your varied views and thoughts you are all showing what you really are a community with freedom of speech and the right to do as you wish within an acceptable framework, for those who believe that by having different viewpoints it means you have nothing in common, you are in fact closer to the same ideals than you may have thought. :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

I was with you all the way up to "Amazing"

Doggy

digifidd

I think that may be it is the cultural differences  - Spain is still quite a chauvinistic society in many ways. 
Or may be men are more laid back than ladies (willing to consume more beers according to Mr Digi) and are able to take the roughness of living in Spain better than ladies and perhaps the reality isn't as good as the dream sometimes and so it comes as a disappointment.  ???

Mercurian

Quote from: peterhargrave on July 03, 2010, 16:01:10 PM
Amazing with all of the above also your varied views and thoughts you are all showing what you really are a community with freedom of speech and the right to do as you wish within an acceptable framework, for those who believe that by having different viewpoints it means you have nothing in common, you are in fact closer to the same ideals than you may have thought. :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

Blimey!  That's a bit deep and philosophical isn't it?   :lol:

peterhargrave

andie

yer thay could always take a leaf out of the Ecudorian ladys book ,and learn how to render,take the load off a bit   ;)   :wave  S

mike challinor

Frankie - you have whetted my appetite - where did you find the original Indalo Man, directions please??? :wave
Mike Challinor

andie

yes joking aside, it is the key to living here,i used to teach the lads i worked with english,i used to have them walking around the factory saying SHI :-X   and i taught one lad to say clearly " you are doing my head in " plus th boss used to ocasional say  " i am crazey baby "

its all abought cultral interaction   ;)   :tiphat: S

Mercurian

The lingo takes years too Steve.  Still think it's worth the effort.

andie

Quote from: Mercurian on July 03, 2010, 11:52:01 AM
I would like to put a new twist to this topic.  Why do so many wives learn to speak Spanish and their husbands think that they don't need to bother?

because most hubbys grasp within the first few months that you may understand the lingo, but the culter will take years ,and understanding one is usless without understanding the other.   ;)    ;D  S

EXAMPLE  telephonica billing deptment !!  :crazy:

Mercurian

I would like to put a new twist to this topic.  Why do so many wives learn to speak Spanish and their husbands think that they don't need to bother?

Albondigas

A lot of women have higher standards than their husbands ;)

lou

I think also that the men seem to have more hobbies here ie golf. Plus the worries over the legality of our houses. We love it here and we see more of all the family since moving here plus we go back for an M& S fix once a year. Perhaps there could be more things organised to help the ladies. One of the problems is if hubby goes out to golf they are  left with no transport and I know of a few of our friends where the ladies don´t drive so perhaps more community things where ladies don´t have to rely on transport. Just athought.

andie

personaly  :wave  :tiphat:

i think some folks get bored,some folks carnt get thair head around the culter,other folks are suicidel / ill with legality issues,some folks miss the shops,and some folks just dont like it,and its not for them,plus quit a few miss not having a uk base.

i think the main depression / thing thats pulling the area and folks in it down are the building issues.

i dont think the uk is far enough away to miss,we have jumped on a plane befor ,gone to watch a gigg at the LG and been back home within 24 hours ,so its not as though where 1000,s of miles from the mothership  ;) . ie Auss .

S   :wave

Mercurian

We both love Spain for all its faults.  We have children and lots of grandchildren but they visit us and we visit them, plus we can Skype them with webcam.

jabba the cat

nothing to do with the dream thats gone wrong due to the illegal problems in this area on top off the above reasons plus it does get very hot here in the summer. :wave

taffy

because a lot of husbands turn into drunks i loved it in spain . but my other half  had an affair with a neighbour called carole wakefield then moved in next  door in la perla verdi.with her!!!

taffy

Quote from: peterhargrave on July 03, 2010, 06:53:22 AM
Why do wives hate Spain and their husbands love it. With many of the couples we know it is the same story, the females want to go home and the men are happy in Spain. Are we all showing here something that we don't see in UK?

pyewack

Geminis

Miss the children and grandchildren. They can't all afford to come visit..... :'(
The "angelic duo"

sparkiemike

:wave

women miss the girlie & convenience things they have in the U.K.

:tiphat:
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

jarick

I agree with Frankie. We see more of our family since we moved here and anyway we have phones, email etc now  not tom tom. 

Jackie
The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished. - Benjamin Franklin

Act  silly - it makes your brain cells giggle!

Queen Clare Shirley

Personally I think they miss their children and their grandkids and its too much of a draw and so they want to go back

Me i like it here and so does hubby but we have our girls here
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

peterhargrave

Why do wives hate Spain and their husbands love it. With many of the couples we know it is the same story, the females want to go home and the men are happy in Spain. Are we all showing here something that we don't see in UK?