Washing-machine repair

Started by Shirles, August 03, 2010, 08:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daffy

Quote from: annef on September 16, 2013, 09:26:05 AM
Antonio, the technician used by El Curro, is excellent and very reasonable.  His telephone number is 607230484.   :tiphat:

I agree he is the one who came promptly to fix my fridge/freezer and I asked him about washing machines.
Ron Bridges took a part from my old washing machine away to replace and I haven't seen him or my 50 Euros since!
But it has only been three years!!! :redcard:

annef

Antonio, the technician used by El Curro, is excellent and very reasonable.  His telephone number is 607230484.   :tiphat:

maltezer

Quote from: d j on August 05, 2010, 18:39:16 PM
I used rod bridges and was seriously disappointed with his service. For a start off he never turned up, and with no contact off him neither, I was silly enough to arrange another day.  Big mistake, what he did, is something i could have done and saved myself €50. this money could of gone towards a new appliance. After being pretty much outraged by this i was telling my neigbour and he said he has been stung twice by him with no avail there, seriously dont know how he is still going.

Same problem here :(

Lynne

Quote from: Mercurian on August 06, 2010, 08:58:22 AM
I found El Curro brilliant.  Phoned in the morning and the machine was up and running again in the afternoon.
...and presumably he's legal as he works for the shop...and they don't charge a call-out fee.  I've used them before and can highly recommend.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Mercurian

I found El Curro brilliant.  Phoned in the morning and the machine was up and running again in the afternoon.

Karen4

Thanks Martin! The thing is, of course, I will never recommend the other one to anyone now, and recommendation is generally the best form of advertising.
Cl3880

martin

Hi Karen
I have been running a business here now for several years and would like to think that I have done the best for my clients as have many other good companies/tradespeople and am sorry for your bad experience. 
I can not speak for others but if I was unable to find the fault on the equipment that I had been called out to I would not charge for my time.
It is down to the individual and their professionalism at the end of the day to decide if they choose to charge in these circumstances.
I will charge a fee if I diagnose the fault.
All I can say is I and others do try to look at the bigger picture but as stated before we have no choice but charge a fee so that we can continue to trade and in turn provide the service required by our client base.
I can only advise that if you have been provided with a bad service not to use that person/company again but please remember there are some good guys out there.         
Kind regards
Martin 

Karen4

I'm not! I have had a bad experience once, where the fault turned out to be a very simple and obvious one which took about 20 seconds to fix. The first chap had no idea what was wrong and eventually admitted defeat. I have no idea if he pays tax, social security etc, but the call-out charge of €48 was still payable. I also suspect that it usually turns into €50 as there was a lot of mumbling about not having any change. Call me cynical but.......!
Cl3880

olive25

I do have to concur & going off topic i apologise but martin is right. I totally agree when having to compete with illegal workers. Please do not tarnish us all with that brush.

martin

Hi Karen 4
I can understand your frustration but I can assure you call out charges are not a lovely little earner without doing nothing.
You are paying for tradespeople who have studied hard and have years of experience behind them and with whose knowledge hopefully rectify your fault.
If the machine is unrepairable the engineer/company still has to pay for the following costs.
Travel costs are incurred ie fuel and time, also you have to take into account other running costs of a business such as insurances (public liability, employers insurance, goods in transit insurance ect). Also take into account social security payments and quarterly tax bills and you might then understand that to run a legal business you have no option but to charge a call out fee.
I know it seems like money for nothing but believe me its not.
I might also point out that not covering running costs for a business will result in that business no longer trading resulting in yet another good person having to leave the area.
No offence is meant by the above but I feel that the other side of the coin should be seen.
Kind regards
Martin 

Karen4

I have a problem with anyone who will charge €48ish whether or not the machine gets fixed! Call-out charges are a lovely little earner without having to do any work at all!
Cl3880

d j

I used rod bridges and was seriously disappointed with his service. For a start off he never turned up, and with no contact off him neither, I was silly enough to arrange another day.  Big mistake, what he did, is something i could have done and saved myself €50. this money could of gone towards a new appliance. After being pretty much outraged by this i was telling my neigbour and he said he has been stung twice by him with no avail there, seriously dont know how he is still going.

hishmurgh

How long ago

I used to use Eric and he was great and cheap

The last time I rang him he said he couldn't make enough money here and had moved

Hopefully they have a different machanic

John and Sue

Go into the shop on the corner higher up than GB stores. El Curro. a lot cheaper than anyone, well thats what we found.  John

hishmurgh

Ive used him as well very good

gingernut

we use Rod Bridges very good his number is in the Focus Magazine

Shirles

I would like the tel.no. of a washing-machine repair man.  Can anyone help.  Thank you