HELP FOR LORCA VICTIMS!

Started by Frankie, May 15, 2011, 08:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharon

I will drop of some clothes etc suitable for a 10 year old boy tomorrow at Colin the Card.
Sharon Baldwin ( married to Colin Baldwin , Cool Solutions)

ColinC

Hang on I´ll shout!! I have sent PM.. as well

I am waiting for a reply from my Facebook contact, but I think we may talking about the same Deb who has sent out the appeal.. Looking at the response we may need to send stuff before Friday, but no doubt there will be more by then .. As soon as I know where and to whom it has to go I dont mind acting as Logistics .. If there turns out to loads of stuff it will be better to take as much as possible in one hit

Colin

Starynightsky

Waiting for your pm to arrive  :wave

jill cockfield

Thanks Starnightsky, pm sent x

Starynightsky

Pm sent to colin

we are going past lorca on friday 20th, have a large 4x4 which will be empty. we would be more than happy to take anything we can get in (I am good at packing)

Also I have a load of baby stuff I can sort out.

Hope that helps.

Alcar

okay, will drop the buggy and high chair at colins on the way in to my shop in the morning, also if you need extra space for storage, I have a large garage with lots of space I dont use, the only thing with that is arranging to drop off and pick up as I am in the shop, but you know it is there if needed

Alcar

ColinC

Quote from: ColinC on May 15, 2011, 10:55:53 AM
Frankie - Phil,

Have you got any contact details...for who is going to take it when it gets to Lorca ....as I am going to try and get transport arranged one way or another....

Colin

Sorry Nibbler, just saw your post, ..will you be able to take to Lorca if there is a lot??

ColinC

Frankie - Phil,

Have you got any contact details...for who is going to take it when it gets to Lorca ....as I am going to try and get transport arranged one way or another....

Colin

Queen Clare Shirley

ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

Queen Clare Shirley

I have two bags can someone pick it up?
I can also find more bits later?

felipe

Most certainly I would think.

Alcar

I have a double buggy and high chair in my garage, would they be useful do you think.

Alcar

nibbler

If anyone has a problem with deliveries/collections of these items i'm free tomorrow so I could collect.
I have a large van and will be happy to help.
Some of you know I live in the Antas area so will be going through all area's up there.
Please pm me if needed.
Nibbler :tiphat:

felipe

Taken from Clare's post on the other thread:
They are in urgent need of the following:
There are 28 children without

Clothing for children from 4 to 12 years.
clothes,
shoes,
bottles,
nappies,
blankets,
hygiene products,
push chairs.
Shoes needed 32 & 34...
Also, water

felipe

Thanks Jill. So, can everyone with items for Lorca please take them to Colin the Card who is part of the group of shops in by Longos.

One collection point is all that is need for this area. If any other business up in Frankie's area wants to do the same that may help too.

If everyone brought just one item, it will help. Be that a bag full of children's clothes or 8ltrs of water. Just bring what you can.

Hope you have plenty of space Jill :)

jill cockfield

We will speak to Agustin, to get storage space, we may be able to get him to provide transport, will speak to him in the morning.

Essex Girl

Well done Colin :clap: :clap: :clap:
A wise old owl sat in an oak,
The more he saw the less he spoke,
The less he spoke, the more he heard,
Why aren't we like that wise old bird?

jill cockfield

Colin the Card will receive items donated.

felipe

I will contact a couple of places that advertise with the forum to see if they can help as collection points.  We would then require either a van to take the stuff down to Lorca or a Spanish contact that is dealing with it all.

So if any of you businesses out there that have a bit of space that can be used please let me know. It would be much better to use one drop off point in Albox as most people go there at least once a week.

Queen Clare Shirley

Debs in Puerto Lumbreras

She seems to know what they need as well

Essex Girl

We can help with Adult clothing and will purchase some baby bits and pieces, but where is Debs???
A wise old owl sat in an oak,
The more he saw the less he spoke,
The less he spoke, the more he heard,
Why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Queen Clare Shirley

Come on guys, these are kids, everybody can afford to spend 5 euros on some wipes, a bottle and maybe we can club together for some nappies. A pair of shoes in the todo shops are 5 euros or even some colouring books and pens to keep these kids entertained

If you can help or can get things to Debs please let me know

copied from the other thread

I have 2 bags of clothes and I can find more, I can also get some shoes , wipes, and I will go and buy some bits in the todo shop

Frankie

Am starting a new thread as there are several peole who have items to give to those hit by the disaster.  We have been looking to see if there is any coordinated effort in our area (Turre seems to be the nearest) where we can take our goods.  They need children and babies clothes and nappies etc especially.
I am sure there are many of you who would love to help if we only knew how.
As Brits we are very good at coming to the fore in moments of crisis, let's see what we can do to assist these people in their time of need. I am sure you will be able to find it in your hearts (and cupboards) to give to this cause.  It could have been us.......

ANY IDEAS, PLEASE, ON HOW WE CAN HELP?