Put me in a smaller home,i think not

Started by sharon123, January 18, 2012, 22:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm2

Hi Sharon - the clue may also be to quote you - "in the newspapers" - because whilst the government may not always tell the whole truth newspapers only print stories in a manner that sensationalises and most newspapers are strangers to the truth in any event.

sharon123

No i think in the news papers yesterday they are sayin that if the elderly have vacant rooms in their home the L.A. are thinking of renting out the house moving you on and giving you the excess rent after your own rent has been paid on the place that you have moved to,  and if they wreck the place who is going to pay and if they fail to pay the rent what then they will still want you to pay your rent if you are renting off the council,
now never say never when the goverment are involved, bit like the pensions that people saved for and never got,  some people can be talked into doing anything especially when they are getting on in years.

caza1tooth

I think it might apply to Council/Housing Association properties.  A friend of a friend's mother had died and her 2 adult sons lived with her.  They were visited by the Council and later allocated a 1bed flat each!  They are desperate for family homes.

Norm2

I think you are worrying unnecessarily. I read this article and there is no suggestion of compulsion but the LA's suggesting that those who wish to downsize or have a home that is now oversized for their use should be given encouragement to sell their property. There is nothing new in this - most people downsize as a matter of choice as some point to realise equity and reduce running costs.

sharon123

What next the local authorities are thinking of taking our homes in the uk off us to let out, if we have too many rooms for the amount of elderly living in the house, well that will be over my dead body, i have not saved to buy my home for some loser to live in it and me to be put in some thing smaller because it is thought that i dont need a big house any more, well if i didnt need one i would not have bought one or kept it, i would have sold it myself. I now know the world has gone mad, does that mean that the queen will have to move into a smaller place because i dont think she needs all the rooms she has in all her properties, god i think i need a stiff drink to calm my nerves.