Padron renewal

Started by sharon123, May 09, 2012, 14:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mich

when i did mine i had give escritura, passport, NIE, and basura bill.

jimmybeen

Some Ayutamiento update the Padron list every year (as I think they are supposed to) but most will just update the file as and when. Last year mine changed their list from paper file onto computer, so contacted most residents for an update.

Mrs Jarick

We went at the request of the town hall in Cantoria. Was told it is done every now and then to prove you are still living/holidaying in Spain. It allows then to keep there numbers correct for the application of money for town.  All you do is take your passport and then sign a declaration, thats all there is to it.

jack31

Agree with Ramblarider, dont worry about it your friend can do this on her return.

If your friend is really worried then email Jim for advice he is very quick at responding to emails.

good luck and relax its not a big deal.

ramblarider

I wouldn't worry about it. If she is on, or has been on, they can just update it if she pops in when she's back.

sharon123

My friend said she saw it on a jim simpson web site in zurgena, and that they want to know if you still should be on the padron, well i can go down and do mine, but she is in UK at the moment, so is worried. I said just redo it when she comes back, that's all she can do, but this was a zurgena web site not arboleas, so maybe they do things different in zurgena.

ramblarider

Who told you that and in what context?

Normally, you only need to get a new certificate for certain transactions.....

sharon123

Been told today that i need to renew my padron, why is this? i thought you only needed to renew if your going to buy a car or do something that needed the padron, which i intend to do neither. and what happens to people that are away in uk et,. does this mean i have to do this every 3 months or so. now confused.