itv

Started by casacasa, May 15, 2012, 08:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

No 3500 rpm should run you around all day my mondeo does 130 kph at 3000 rpm plus 44 mpg ,my 3 litre nissan tipper runs around all day at 2500 rpm at 80 kph.

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

cantabrian

THANKS   TET! i use to do that , but i thought that the test boys (here and uk ) were more up to date !! (appears not) DO you set the stop when you get to the itv ? or struggle along !!! :wave :wave

Tetley

Bri

there  supposed to rev to  3500 rpm for a few seconds,Albox its foot to the floor,now unless yew got a realy good motor with a new cam belt & bearings this is deffo not gona enhance yer motor, if i use Albox i always set the throtle stop on the pump to 3600 rpm just so the tester carnt fill mi wi all them negative astaronic waves   :wave

T  :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

cantabrian

Quote from: Tetley on May 15, 2012, 11:44:56 AM
old deisel car,Lorca because they dont rev the nuts off the motor.

if your not bothered abought having the nuts reved off your motor on the emmissions then Albox.
DO they still FLOOR the pedal for emissions? in this day and age i would have thought they would have a more sophisticated method,i have NEVER  been past 4,500  REVS from new!!

jimmybeen

They should all comply with a uniform list of inspections, but I always go to Albox, as if you at least attempt to speak Spanish to the staff they appreciate that effort and two of the staff will actually conduct the whole test whilst then speaking to you in English. This is very helpful if you don't know the words for breaks or headlights or left and right etc etc As with most dealings with the locals just show respect and attempt to speak to them in Spanish and you will find they will be fine.

Tetley

old deisel car,Lorca because they dont rev the nuts off the motor.

if your not bothered abought having the nuts reved off your motor on the emmissions then Albox.

PuffTheMagicDragon

Now there's a question! Do you mean the one that does more checks, and therefore tries hardest to make sure your car is safe, or the one that is a bit easy going, and will let you 'get away with some things'?
I'm not having a pop at you CasaCasa, your question could be interpreted both ways, and some people would look for either of these qualities.
I personally go to VĂ©lez Rubio, simply because it's the most convenient for me, and I've always found them very friendly.

Regards
Puff

casacasa

hi our car is due its itv soon where is the best one to go to as we hear some do more checks on your car than others. thankyou.