Walk for Life last Saturday

Started by felipe, May 15, 2012, 08:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybeen

Very good event, well attended and it seemed that all who attended enjoyed themselves and all for such a worthy cause, very well done to the organizers.  :handshake  I must say the Zumba dancers were very entertaining too!
I did however feel a little sorry for the stall holders who were pitched on the upper terrace, some of them were so short on customers they left without even making the pitch fee back.   

christine

yes well done to paula and her team brilliant day well done for all your hard work was a super event

livin-doll

Hi "Well done to everybody" brilliant to see so many turn up for the walk and also to support everybody, Paula & Phil did a fantastic job, last year I was kindly awarded money from the "Walk for life" team, so it was good to be able to give something back, and it was still so warm in the evening. hope to beat my time next year.

Livin - Doll

thetidders

Yes, like everyone said it was a lovely atmosphere, it was good to see the Mayor and quite a few Spanish walking as well, they kept passing us!
Jean & Vince Tildesley
ILLIA!

Sharron T

Yes it was a great evening and a great success very well organised, Phil all I can say is I'm not surprised that your legs ached the speed you were walking leaving poor kelly & Debbie behind.

Sharron

Securitas Direct

My legs have only just stopped aching!!!!

Well done to all concerned and here's to next year.

Phil

sallyb

Phyll

felipe

What a fantastic success the event appears to have been. Well over 2000 walkers. Lots going on in the evening too. We hope that the event brings in record amounts for the charity.  Well done to all those that helped promote and take part in the walk.