bank charges

Started by Spanish Tangerine, October 17, 2012, 07:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frannan

Visit Santander in Albox and ask for details English speakers available and they are very helpful.We have been with them for 4 years and are v. happy with service. We pay no charges .

Louise

You´re "told"...this happens more at Cajamar...
Can´t they give you a text or brochure or leaflet with their conditions?

If they don´t, it is starting all over: every 3 months, you´re going to negotiate with the bank to have your money back.

And again: you don´t have to "transfer your pension", you have to transfer (do it yourself or put in a monthly transaction) a minimum amount (determined by the bank) from your UK to your Spanish account.
It is none of their business what and how much your pension is, who pays it and when...
Be aware!

tanfield

just been into cajamar in arboleas & told i'm charged an annual fee of €10.00 for my debit card & €9.00 a quarter for admin fees,again as mentioned it's free for customers over 65,i was also told if i transferred my private pension to cajamar from the uk the fees would be dropped.

rt21

Quote from: CT on October 17, 2012, 08:29:46 AM
Free banking at Cajamar if one of you is 65 or over

That's useful information for the future. I'm not 65 yet but do bank with Cajamar

Richard

cantabrian

My wife has just informed me that banco popular charge her 6 euros per month , it is taken out when the lowly pension is paid in!!! It appears that there are many different actions taken by this lot here,and for different people!!

jimbo

Hi, I don't seem to pay any charges at Banco Popular (was Banco de Andalucia a/c) , none that I can see on my statements anyway. Am resident, 65+ and have my pension paid in monthly so that may be a qualifier. As long as they don't charge me anything on my current account, I am not going to enquire too closely.

gingernut

Shadeseeker we pay all our bills,Lecky,Water,Basura,Car Tax and still no charges.
No chargs for transfers on internet banking.

shadeseeker

Hi I am with Cajasur and they tried to charge me 8 euros for commision maintenance and when I complained cos we are pensioners they credited it to our account but they also charge a commision administration which they will not give me back. they say its for direct debits etc. I am waiting to see what else they think they can charge me for  >:(
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

carwyn99

Quote from: gingernut on October 17, 2012, 08:33:49 AM
If you are pensioners and your pension, that means any pension ie MOD is paid into Cajamar there are NO charges on there current account,but do check if that is for non residents aswell.

Why would a non resident have a pension paid into a Spanish Bank Account.

Surely it would be paid into a bank account where you are a resident.
As you need this money to live on.

Louise

+- same conditions then , CM and BS
You can do the transaction (fixed monthly amount) yourself.
No need to transfer your whole pension if it is more than the minimum the bank asks monthly

For non-residents they charge a yearly cost of 15 euros / person

Spanish Tangerine

Many thanks, as I'm over 65 I will check Cajamar out, I think 18 euros a quarter is excessive anywhere for a current account.
Bobby

gingernut

If you are pensioners and your pension, that means any pension ie MOD is paid into Cajamar there are NO charges on there current account,but do check if that is for non residents aswell.

Louise

At Sandander, as a resident, I pay no charges because a minimum monthly deposit (think it is 600, at least it WAS that amount) is made on the account.
Also, monthly balance has to be minimum 500 - these conditions I have now for 2 years.

CT

Free banking at Cajamar if one of you is 65 or over

adders

Banco Santander offer free banking if you purchase some shares.

Optomist

I dont think there is , Cajamar was free but now charges €9 a quarter , La Caxia was more than €20 last year and will go up this year as it does every year .

I could be wrong but sounds to me that you have a good deal , dont think you will find any cheaper and they all add the charges without prior notice , each have their own time of year to add them so at least you know when to expect the charge .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

jimmybeen

I've never heard of an account here with no charges !
In fact it's been in the press that the banks in the UK are looking to stop the 'free' current accounts soon too.
The charges here can be taken anualy, quarterly or monthly and it depends if you are 'non resident' as to how much they charge.
IMO €18 is cheap if it's anual expencive if it's per month but if quarterly then it's about what I would think is normal.   

Spanish Tangerine

I have just been charged 18 euros by my bank Unicaja for account maintenance, no advance notice was sent, does anyone know if there is a  bank around here has a current account with lower or even better, no charges ?
Bobby