Warning - Spoof e-mails

Started by Lesley and Pete, October 18, 2012, 07:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nibbler

How weird is that I got a cheque in the post for a rebate a couple of weeks ago and the letter explaining why came a week later. :clap: :clap:
Nibbler :tiphat:

everset

I dont need a rebate from HRMC as ive had a text saying that i had won 750,000 euros, they must think that we were all born yesterday. shame one or two people fall for this type of scam.

Lesley and Pete

Just had another two this afternoon - all now being picked up as spam.

Lesley

Lynne

I had one last week, which I didn't open, but I checked the isp and it came from Canada.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Lesley and Pete

A word of warning - spoof e-mails supposedly from HMRC, (Revenue & Taxes), are going round again. 

This morning I have recieved two, both to my business e-mail account, and both stating that following calculation of my most recent fiscal activity I am in line for a rebate - both stating different amounts.  Then goes on to request bank details etc. 

The e-mails appear to originate in Germany. - Please don't anyone fall for this scam.  HMRC don't send or request this sort of information via e-mail.

Lesley