Could problems in Greece spill over......

Started by rt21, October 18, 2012, 12:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmj52

“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of.” Confuscious – 500 BC
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

ramblarider

Unfortunately.... poverty, unemployment, hard times and recession almost always = xenophobia, protectionism and a search for handy scapegoats. Foreigners fit the bill perfectly.

Thus is has been, and will (unless human beings suddenly gain wisdom at a rate that exceeds anything they've managed previously) always be.

Tetley

History repeating itself perhaps.

didnt Keynes resign from the UK  treasury after the first world war because he disagreed with the level of german war reperations,and how he thought it would lead to another war because of the hard ship post ww1 germanys people had to endure.

i voted for Thatcher because she was a strong leader and its no good having a wash lether in charge however i think im turning into a socalist in my old age,because Camron stood telling the little people that were all in this together,and it been repeated all over the EU  parlements in diffrent tonges,well i think there taking the xxxx out of the working person,and it may all end in tears again right across the EU.

Richard as for this end,yes LOTS  of angry folks and we now have a lost youth & genaration whom will probably never own there own homes and spend a liftime scrape ing around for euro,s..... not good.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

ickybod

Very suprised that it has not already happened in Spain.

rt21

Just been reading an interesting article by Paul Mason, the BBC economics editor on Newsnight, on the increase of xenophobia in Greece. It seems to be gaining ground as social unrest increases due to the austerity measures in Greece. See link below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-19976841

In an earlier bog on Spain, Paul Mason refers to Spain as the unexploded bomb and Greece as the detonator. See link below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19799572

Does anyone else share my deep unease about what is happening in Greece and the possible spill over into Spain

Richard