Water smells really earthy

Started by fidgetmidget, October 19, 2012, 18:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nibbler

It the same in the campo near Antas,Ive been drinking it and I'm ok I'm ok I'm ok!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy:
Nibbler :tiphat:

Tetley

Thair is a lab in hercual overa,were you can get your water tested,its abought 80e,ie for folks with wells,& deposits.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Amanda Oakley

The pantano is the dam in Cuevas. I am sure if you call Galasa or pop into their offices in Vera, they can provide more detailed information.  They did advise it was fit for household use including brushing teeth and cooking though the strong odour and taste may mean people prefer to use bottled water.
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

Tetley

Dont worry abought the earthy bit,the radoactive bit should sort that.  :o

http://www.greenguidespain.com/andalucia/2010/07/nuclear-water/
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

ES

What exactly is the "pantano"?   

This is the Bing Translation  - swamp
Dictionary - masculine-  marsh, bog, swamp; ( artificial ) reservoir; figuratively obstacle

The water in the Arboleas rambla doesn't smell, so where exactly is the water they are supplying coming from and what are Galasa adding to it?  Smells like T.C.P. Liquid anticeptic to me, which has a mixture of phenol and halogenated phenols as the active ingredients.  Oh, and you are not supposed to swallow it.

Galasa say "Safe to use" for what?  Drinking, brushing teeth, showering, irrigation. 

Sounds to me like the usual spanish response, they don't know and will just say anything to get rid of the client. 

It would be no surprise if the water actually did smell of bullsh*t.

ES

byrney

Well done Amanda.  Very helpful.
Hopefully this will now pacify those who have started the rumour that the water being fed into our houses is somehow unfit.
What will be the next scare I wonder?

Amanda Oakley

Following a trip to Galasa earlier this week, I asked about the "earthy / chemical" smell which seem to be apparent across Zurgena, Arboleas, Cuevas etc.  They advised that the water supply at present is coming via the pantano and as it is not going through the normal purification process due to continued network issues following the floods, they are having to treat with chemicals to ensure it is safe.  They advised that it was safe to use.
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

fidgetmidget

I will drop Roger a line and see if he can find out any more info, there must be all sorts in the water given the severity of the floods, so animals, effluent etc I expect its all in there somewhere.
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com

Louise

Quote from: byrney on October 19, 2012, 19:54:46 PM
Oh dear - another bit of hearsay?
If Galasa had really issued a warning not to use the water I´m sure we would all have heard of it through official channels (town hall websites, papers, radio etc).
Also if they knew it was dangerous I doubt very much wether they would have reconnected it to the water supply.
Is there any way that one of our councillors could get an official statement from Galasa before more silly rumours get going?

Be assured they don´t give official warnings and the area is known for "agua no patable" - so in fact no warning needed.
The Spanish in Turre were talking about - yeah ... hear say....
At several places in the region (Taberno, Mojacar, Turre) is also smells bad. Sometimes it is lightbrown too.

winmac

I do not come onto this site very often unless I have something factual to say, I have only suggested you check for yourself, if you think its hear say then dont bother. I am trying to help these people to find a solution its just a phone call for goodness sake.

byrney

Oh dear - another bit of hearsay?
If Galasa had really issued a warning not to use the water I´m sure we would all have heard of it through official channels (town hall websites, papers, radio etc).
Also if they knew it was dangerous I doubt very much wether they would have reconnected it to the water supply.
Is there any way that one of our councillors could get an official statement from Galasa before more silly rumours get going?

winmac

I have been told that Galasa have issued a warning not to use the water, apparantly after the awful floods, dead animals have been found in the water supply which is causing the smell etc, maybe hear say but maybe worth contacting Galasa to see if your area is affected. Good luck all

Lesley and Pete

Yup FM - same in our bit of Los Higuerales too

Lesley

Val Keith

felipe

Yes ours is the same here in Limaria. Very earthy smell to it.

fidgetmidget

Anyone else having this problem.  Our water since the floods smells awful earthy, whether using hot or cold.  Don't feel like we can cook with it or brush our teeth with it cos its not a nice smell at all.  Smells almost damp and mouldy (no sarcastic comments needed thanks).  Upon speaking to a neighbour it appears we all have the same problem although none of us thought to ask anyone else. Think the problem was reported to Galasa week ago but thus far nothing changed in Los Higuerales.
FM
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com