Which is the best opticians in the Albox area

Started by Irene, November 12, 2012, 11:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titch

Lenses do vary.  You have to pay more if you want the lenses to be thin.  You have different qualities when it comes to varifocals. With varifocals you get a better field of vison with the expensive ones and these are easier to use-you do not have to move your head as much because the peripheral vison is clearer. I went with the medium quality from Spec-savers in UK and regret not paying the extra.  I much prefer my old top of the range specs although the prescription is weaker.

Another consideration is the shape of the lens. The more modern squarer ones are not as good to read in bed with as there is a gap against the cheek. In addition, for varifocals, you cannot go really small for lenses.

BUT the correct prescription is paramount. I had good service from the optician next to the Rambla cafe.

Titch

giz

LittleRichard
That is a big worry.  Hope she goes on OK and has no more problems.

LittleRichard

Yes i know as my mum just had a retina detached and severe optical nerve damage earlier this year, she is 90% blind in one eye.   
Eyes are very precious and cant be replaced.
VIVA ESPAÑA

giz

I too have worn glasses since I was 5 years old (59 years) whoops that's done it, you all know how old I am now. :lol:  I have had expensive ones, cheap ones, tried many designer names but it is the optician that is the most important.  If they get it wrong then you may lose more than money

jill cockfield

We always use Salas Opticas in Huercal Overa, they are the cheapest, very good quality, lovely girls x

LittleRichard

I am not recommending anywhere as I don't wear glasses apart from sunglasses.

If you are given 2 different prices then the more expensive one should be a lot better quality lens and frame and will last a lot longer than a cheaper lens. Most of the opticians buy lenses from the same companies and add on the similar profits and it is the same for frames and sun glasses

My mum who has worn glasses since 6 years old now realizes that the 99 pound pair of glasses bought from the UK are not as good quality lenses as she has bought from here that cost a lot more money

All I am saying is that when you get 2 prices 100`s apart this is not the same product and that is why the price differs.

You get what you pay for and it is up to you whether you want a better quality and pay the price or a poor product which is not going to last as long but is cheaper

VIVA ESPAÑA

The Sheriff ILLIA.

I also purchased my last  pair of spectacles from Salas Optico in Huercal Overa.

I shopped around for two weeks before going there - I had a list of what I required - Varifocals / Reactorlites etc.

I went to three places in Mojacar because we live near there / three places in Albox because we used to live there.

Salas Optico were € 300  cheaper than the lowest quote from Mojacar  & € 200 cheaper than the lowest quote from Albox.

Needless to say that is where I went - the test was done the same day and the glasses ready for collection on the day they said they would be and they needed no alterations at all.
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

giz

I have been going to " Salas" in Huercal Overa for five years, they are very good and not expensive .  They also have discovered that I have Glaucoma therefore saving my eyesight.  :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

LiLi

I recently went to Opticalia next to Mercadona. 

The ladies in there were lovely, very friendly and helpful, they speak English too!

I came away with a new pair of glasses, which I am very happy with and I found they were alot cheaper than some of the other opticians in the area.

temasek

Nothing much to add but I second all that has been said. Would not go anywhere else for either... optician or full English.
The cafe con leche in there is the best I have had.
:wave
W.R.L.F.C.

Jellybaby

I agree Vision Live are the best opticians in Albox, Clare the receptionist speaks English & is fluent in Spanish, the optician is very good & speaks enough English to provide a good service, I can't thank them enough for getting my glaucoma sorted & the operation on the cataract in my right eye sorted, hoping to get the other eye done next year.

Sue

sandralos

I agree they are very friendly and professional.  Afterwards or while you wait you can always have a breakfast or a sandwich in the Rambla cafe next door- delicious.......

Eddie

Try VisionLive next to the Rambla Cafe in Ablox

Irene

I have broken the nose piece in my glasses and wondered which was the best optitians to go to either to get it repaired or get new ones ???