240v mains Genarator change over switch

Started by Tetley, November 14, 2012, 12:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Optomist

Go into any good electrical wholesalers and just ask for a change over switch they are not hard to find here . Used to shut off the power from one source and allow it to pass from another , used a lot on solar systems so that when the batteries are low and a genny is fired up it disconnects the inverter so the geny takes over to power the house and hopefully charges the batteries while doing so .

If you go to Vera then there is an electrical wholesaler close to Dia that will stock them or you could ask Manolo in Albox who will certianly get you one , his business is almost opoisite Dia , the building before the car spares place as you come down from BP garage .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

rozzieb

Hi Steve,

If you haven't found one by the time we go to UK next month let me know and we will try and find one for you [if an English one will be any use]

Roz

Tetley

Im  Just getting ready for the winter power cuts   808 ie our Arbi  version of leaves on the track  ;)  and i need a mains & genarator change over switch,if any of you fine folks have seen them on your travels anywere.

TVM   :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol