A good Restaurant Closing

Started by alansue, December 30, 2012, 10:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope

Believe the Trinidad is being reopened by the Spanish man that owns it......don´t know when...

ramblarider

We went there once, about a year ago. Once was enough. Poor food, poor service, and bad attitude. Never again. Certainly won't be missed by me.

The Tripadvisor reviews are illuminating.

alfie

Jodee -must admit, I hadn't thought of that!

jodee

Quote from: alfie on December 30, 2012, 21:33:50 PM
There is more to see in Spain than Albox/Arboleas - ever been to Cadiz/Jerez/Sevilla/Valancia etc!
Don't think I've been to Valancia alfie but yes to the others, plus Valencia and a few others you missed, but it's still a long way to walk home after a couple of glasses of tinto  :lol:
I only drink to make other people seem more interesting.

alfie

There is more to see in Spain than Albox/Arboleas - ever been to Cadiz/Jerez/Sevilla/Valancia etc!

jodee

bloomin' long drive there n back with the green and white cars on roundabouts. We prefer places nearer to home, especially the Spanish bars/restaurants in Arboleas/Albox but guess you must miss the chips with everything?
I only drink to make other people seem more interesting.

alfie

Not my personal favourite, but everyone there worked hard and the food was good, and in these troubled times it is always sad to see a business close. Trying to keep a restaurant the size of Fantasia profitable during the winter months must be a nightmare.
The dilemma for those of us who can afford a meal out, say once a month is: do we keep patronising the same reliable restaurants, or keep trying new places in the hope that our €10 for Menu del Dia will make a difference and keep some choice available. Not sure if there is an actual answer to that.

The Sheriff ILLIA.

It also seems that a nearer one is closing after New Year - The Trinidad - according to the news papers ads they are closing for good on the 6th Jan ?
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

alansue

Quote from: Lynne on December 30, 2012, 11:19:19 AM
That's dreadful news - our favourite restaurant - and we don't get back to Spain in time to say goodbye.

It was ours as well Lynne. We had heard it was closing but were not sure so we went for a meal last night. As usual it was lovely, but the owner told us the news whilst we were there. Not many places left now that are any good. Alan

jimbothescot

Never been in that restaurant so can`t comment other than to say it`s not surprising more restaurants aren`t closing. I was in Mojacar just before Christmas delivering spices to Mountains of the Moon retaurant ansd there were more stray dogs walking about than people. It must be really tough on bars and restaurants there just now

Jimbo
Jimbo The Scot Removals
Gonar, Almeria, Spain
Tel  Mob 771080170(Jimbo) or 711093912 (Ali)
UK mob 0044 7985 762606
www.jimbothescot.com or e-mail jimbothescot1@yahoo.co.uk
For a friendly efficient removals service.

Lynne

That's dreadful news - our favourite restaurant - and we don't get back to Spain in time to say goodbye.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

alansue

Found out last night that Fantasia Restaurant in Mojacar is closing on New Years Day for good. Such a shame that one of the few Good Restaurants we have in this area is closing.