Washing machine drive belt

Started by shadeseeker, February 28, 2013, 12:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadeseeker

NOW SORTED!
Many thanks to all who taken the trouble to reply with many helpful bits of advice.
Hiper Ocio were indeed able to order the part that I needed.
It took just under one week from visiting their store to getting the new belt.
Balay does indeed seem to be very much up to the "Bosch" reputation, in 9 years this is the first problem with this machine other than the usual blockages due to hair pins and wire from bras etc.
again many thanks ... Tom
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

Seth Pittham

Give me the make and model number and I will check availability.

Seth.
Zeta services
Seth Pittham
Owner of Zeta Services. Avenida 19 de Octubre 18 bajo Zurgena 04650
Tlf 950634477 mob 666826886
www.zeta-services.tv  Info@zeta-services.tv
Here to advise, call whenever you want. We all get stuck from time to time. Costs you nothing to talk.

fidgetmidget

Balay is owned by Bosche and they have parts for all the Balay equipment. You can go online and put Bosche in Spain and if you look close enough you will find an English version which lists all their makes and models and then you can order the part you want.
FM
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com

Tetley

Quote from: shadeseeker on February 28, 2013, 12:11:40 PM
Any suggestions for dealer that can supply a replacement drive belt for a washing machine?
The machine is a Balay. It has given 9 years of good performance but under a heavy load I think the main drive belt is slippng although it still looks ok and is tight fitting.
Alternatly has anyone found a good supplier via the internet?
Many thanks......

if its a standard vee type belt you may get one from the motor spares place opp Dia in Albox,if its a special have a look on e bay uk and some one will probably post on to here it might also be worth having a word with the lad at Hiper Ocio in Albox he may be able to order you one.   :tiphat:

also if the old belt  is good,try roughfing up the alloy drive pulleys with a file or emery cloth to remove the bright polished belt surface... this will give the pulleys and belt more grip under load.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

shadeseeker

Any suggestions for dealer that can supply a replacement drive belt for a washing machine?
The machine is a Balay. It has given 9 years of good performance but under a heavy load I think the main drive belt is slippng although it still looks ok and is tight fitting.
Alternatly has anyone found a good supplier via the internet?
Many thanks......
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)