Reja Bars

Started by rt21, March 02, 2013, 14:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elle Sid

Quote from: maureensheriff (ILLIA) on March 06, 2013, 17:18:13 PM
RT21 ,

Reja's are all well and good on the Doors and Windows - but even myself who is not a professional or even semi - profession burglar - could have one of a wall or door with-in 30 seconds - this is because they are only fastened to the walls by very short lugs & and the holes filled with concrete over these - very easy to pull out a 2" plug of cement,

To make a what I would call   ' Proper Job '  I've always been into doing it right the first time -I would and did on  16 Windows - Have the Lugs removed -  and replaced by 60 cm  1 "  Screwed Rod in 8 places - not the normal 4 - these went all the way through the 50 cm Walls - then  3" x 1/2 " Steel Plates with fitted over these Rods & then the plates were sunk into the Walls - heavy duty Washers & Nuts to hold them lots in place.

I defy anyone to remove these without a Tank as a Towing vehicle - { just remembered explosives } and you house will really be secure - whether you are in residence or not ??
Well said! The majority of rejas which have been installed by local building companies, many of whom have since gone bust, fall into the category described in your first paragraph, which means most homes are no-where as secure as their owners might think they are. Most burglars know this, which is why so many of the reported burglaries have been successful.

Your description of a "proper" job is excellent, but I doubt whether many local homes have them to this standard.

maureensheriff (ILLIA)

RT21 ,

Reja's are all well and good on the Doors and Windows - but even myself who is not a professional or even semi - profession burglar - could have one of a wall or door with-in 30 seconds - this is because they are only fastened to the walls by very short lugs & and the holes filled with concrete over these - very easy to pull out a 2" plug of cement,

To make a what I would call   ' Proper Job '  I've always been into doing it right the first time -I would and did on  16 Windows - Have the Lugs removed -  and replaced by 60 cm  1 "  Screwed Rod in 8 places - not the normal 4 - these went all the way through the 50 cm Walls - then  3" x 1/2 " Steel Plates with fitted over these Rods & then the plates were sunk into the Walls - heavy duty Washers & Nuts to hold them lots in place.

I defy anyone to remove these without a Tank as a Towing vehicle - { just remembered explosives } and you house will really be secure - whether you are in residence or not ??

rt21

Many thanks Steve, Trucker and cliveandkaren for your responses.

they are much appreciated

Richard

cliveandkaren

I'm sure Adam will advise you and has enough experience to show the correct way to make your reja's.

But make sure you have a horizontal bar across the center so that they cannot be jacked apart and a little one let in through the window.

Also look at having fixings into the upper and lower sides, not just left and right sides. This also makes more work for those who try to circumvent, you can't just dig out one side and then 'peel' back.

If your not going to be in residence on a regular basis, also consider reja's on your external doors.

Every little bit makes it harder for them.

Trucker

Pedro at Metalbox, just up from Longo's next to Seat Dealer..as good and as cheap I have found..
Trucker

Tetley

Quote from: rt21 on March 02, 2013, 20:04:52 PM
Quote from: ColinC on March 02, 2013, 17:31:02 PM
Do you want loose bars to make your own? If so Longo's in Albox sell them

Thank you Colin for your response. I am not quite sure whether I would have the necessary skills to make my own.

Just out of interest has anyone out their made their own ?   And if so how easy is it ?

Richard
Richard
you would need a small mig & co2 pub gas welder,you can ark weld them but c02 mig is more controlable,you also need a steel chop saw,if your in the uk,pic up a welder,go onto youtube or buy a mig weld dvd or even night school for oramental metal work its not hard to do once your set up and its enjoyable,plus if you do make them... its makes you a UK  manufacturer and i may be able to get you into the UK  manufacturers woolie hat club/ brotherhood   ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N8OZSdSNrU
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

rt21

Quote from: ColinC on March 02, 2013, 17:31:02 PM

Thank you Colin for your response. I am not quite sure whether I would have the necessary skills to make my own.

Just out of interest has anyone out there made their own ?   And if so how easy is it ?

Richard

rt21

Quote from: maureensheriff (ILLIA) on March 02, 2013, 16:00:22 PM
Contact          Adam  Gershon

638 449 944          yoserian777@yahoo.com

He lives in Pulpi but he will travel.

Fred. 

many thanks Fred.

you are a goldmine of information

Richard

ColinC

maureensheriff (ILLIA)

Contact          Adam  Gershon

638 449 944          yoserian777@yahoo.com

He lives in Pulpi but he will travel.

Fred. 

rt21

Hi

Does anyone know where I can buy some reja bars for the outside of my patio doors preferably near Velez Rubio ?

Richard