shower head broken AGAIN

Started by Cielos, March 10, 2013, 18:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cielos

Thanks guys

Yes, I regularly pour vinegar on the heads and leave them for a while - the quality of the water is shocking, you're absolutely right

steveconway24

6.57 has a point.
Here in Albanchez the water isn't great.  You can either open the showerhead and use a toothpick to clear cal etc out of the holes, or take the shower head off and pour some agua fuerte into it, leave it a couple of mins, then rinse thoroughly. I have to do this about once a week.

6.57 Crew

Are the shower head perforations getting blocked with calcium?
Easy to blow apart a shower head if this happens

Cielos

Sorry should have mentioned that the pump only gets switched on when the pressure is too low to activate our boiler for a shower

Yes, Trucker, I've given up buying expensive shower heads now but surely they should last a bit longer than 3 weeks a go? :head

Optomist

Try the plumbers merchants opposite Angle Ollier the lady in there is very helpful and will tell you if something is quality or rubbish .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

Trucker

Would say you using the cheapo (as we all do) heads from Todo shop etc, they only made of plastic and good for a few months if you unlucky..but you can get a so called quality one that will last the same time...
It would help the cause to do what Cantabrian suggests...bit less pressure..

cantabrian

IF you are using a pump WHY would you need a PRV ? you can adjust the pump, Go to a ferretia and buy a pressure gauge and a flexible pipe that will fit any outlet in the house (you will have to work that bit out yourself !) and then you can determine what pressure you have into the house (about 45 psi ) OR 3 bar

Cielos

Anyone else having this problem?

shower heads keep breaking  seemingly due to the water pressure (which isn't that high as we usually need pump to make our boiler heat the water)

They either split on one side, (water then spurts out and makes showering very messy) or they pop off completely, usually making them unusable

My last plumber installed a pvr but then said it wasn't working...

Anyone else had this problem and found a solution?