Hands up anyone who didn't see this coming?

Started by Elle Sid, March 12, 2013, 16:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maureensheriff (ILLIA)

I would think that ANYONE  AYNONE  ANYONE who is walking around with both hands up - cannot begin to even relaise -that  any  Government plans are going to cost anyone less - except the Dept that puts the money away for the Party Members ie. THEM !!

zilnor

Spot on, Bobthe lock   :tiphat: :clap:
I have worked out that a couple with two or three children receive  more in total benefits than a man earning around 22,000 grand a year gross, with a wife/partner and two chiidren to support. How can it be right that those on benefits are better off than those who work  and pay taxes ? The system has gone mad, and needs a radical overhaul.  
Some adverse comments have been made about the bankers earning huge bonuses. I am not saying I agree with this. But, most of them pay tax at the higher rate. They spend their bonuses in their local communities, apart from expensive foreign holidays. They upgrade their houses, cars, clothes and have new top of the range kitchens and bathrooms installed. This generates employment, so canĀ“t be all bad.  

webejamin

If it's true, I blame the politicians. They, like you and I, know many of the tenants will blow the cash.
It could just be, that they hope the tenants fall foul, then they can evict them and sell the properties on :o no they wouldn't do that would they?
Mind you, if you owned a little bunch of properties, you could rent them out to DSS tenants and get a handsome living when the Gov.com go back to paying the rent to the landlord, Mmmmmmmm :whistle:     

bobthelook

How many of the council tenants receiving housing benefit directly, spend their money on smoking, alcohol, latest flatscreen tvs, drugs etc etc.? People want to be treated as intelligent adults but sadly  many are not.  A hundred years ago many would manage on much less (equivalently). So who are the real morons? Is it the fault of the uneducated? Or that of those who have been brainwashed by the greed culture of recent decades where materialism rules and people believe they have a right to everything from  a house, children, a job - - - . These are not rights.  There will always be those who through no fault of their own have fallen on hard times, but food, and a roof over their head should perhaps be the maximum provided by the taxpayer not the minimum.   This project was poorly thought through but why do we always blame the Government? Why not blame the actual people who receive this benefit but who don't bother to use it properly?  The mentality that 'it is always someone elses fault' is a sad relection of today's society. When are individuals going to sit up and take responsibility for their own lives  and mistakes? Sadly many politicians do not lead by example though!   
Malayan proverb - Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.

cornishcream

The government probably think it's worked so well, they will roll it out across the whole country.

jill cockfield

Yep, straight down the offy, laughing all the way! You couldn't make it up!

Rod

Oh what a surprise. They are spending it on alcohol, drugs etc. instead of the rent.

sparkiemike

:wave

that just about sums up the combined brain power in govenment planning.

now there will be a working party, followed by a commitee to see what went wrong

Mike

:tiphat:
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

Tetley

there is also a knock on effect that people carnt get a tenancy unless they now have a credit worthy guarantor with a clean credit history .
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

jill cockfield

Agreed, some folks never learn do they, it was obvious to any moron with a pea sized brain that this would be the outcome!

Elle Sid