Gas pipeline

Started by Blurr, April 13, 2013, 12:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blurr

gus-lopez

Quote from: byrney on April 13, 2013, 13:42:11 PM
I would sincerely hope that any plans to install a gas pipe would mean the demolition of houses.

After all, it´s a pipe and not a more inflexible motorway.

As far as I can see it can only be a good thing for the area - although I reckon our little chaps in the orange vans with gas bottles on board won´t be too chuffed!!

The pipeline is going through the area it is only an aside that private houses might possibly get some. Hardly likely though.

When they ran one through here from Cartegena to somewhere up north it passes within metres of some properties .
The whole operation is seamless , from the earth moving to the welding.The pipe is brought in on lorries & some sections are pre-formed curves & all laid out alongside trench. They have teams of welders who  normally weld 3 or 4 , 8m lengths above ground so cutting down on the amount of welding in the trench & it's craned in. All welds are NDTested  & Every 500m it's pressure tested & then back filled.It's non-stop as well.

Trucker

And that Byrney says it all...

byrney

Well Trucker, I seem to recall that they built that pipeline from North Africa to Almeria and up to Alicante (I think) in speedy time.  I suppose it depends where the cash is coming from.

Trucker

Who's lifetime will this happen in....may dig the trenches but will they then leave them same as roads..?

byrney

I would sincerely hope that any plans to install a gas pipe would mean the demolition of houses.

After all, it´s a pipe and not a more inflexible motorway.

As far as I can see it can only be a good thing for the area - although I reckon our little chaps in the orange vans with gas bottles on board won´t be too chuffed!!

Blurr

Hi Does anyone know anything about the proposed new Gas pipeline that is running from Huercal Overa to Baza, it sound as though its running through Arboleas, Albox, Partaloa and various other towns. There is a list of property owners (us being but one of hundreds) but as I can't speak Spanish not sure how it affects us. Will go to Town Hall on Monday to see if we can get a picture of how it will affect us. Hope they are not going to knock aour house down to run it. Would be interested to know if anyone knows more than we do.