Murcia Toll Road

Started by chicken, May 07, 2013, 10:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

An open road.  No traffic.  No idiot ex-pats who haven´t a clue how to drive on the wrong side of the road.  Inconsiderate lorry drivers.  Beautiful views of the coastline, and an opportunity to go a little over the odds.

And without the Guardia sneaking up in plain-clothed cars.  They will not bother with the Toll road because their pay day would not be big enough as there aren´t enough cars.

As for checking tickets at the Toll Booths.  Yes, theoretically they can and is another popular urban myth.

Has anyone actually had their tickets checked by the Guardia on the Toll?  I didn´t thnk so.

I´ve been using it sonce it first opened without a problem.  Mind you, there´s always time for a first....

Elgin

Personally I think the AP7 is too quite which makes for a very boring drive.  Using the A7, RM2, A30 to get to Cartagena (and beyobd) doesn't take much longer and doesn't cost the €13 (or is it more now!).

Yes, it is easy to speed on the AP7 but be careful.  Apparently, the Guardia can stop you at the toll booths and check your tickets (which are time stamped.  From the time taken they can work your average speed.  Also a couple of weeks ago I driving along the A92(N) in Granada on or around the speed limit.  Between Baza and Guadix a few cars passed me including a Jaguar.  I then notice a helicopter flying around overhead.   When I got to Guadix the Guadia pulled me over.  The officer checked my number plate and then his scruffy piece of paper then then just told me to continue on my way (no other checks done).  However, whilst I was waiting I noticed that another officer was having a long chat with the driver of the Jag.  About 20 minutes past Guadix the Jag went careering past me again!  It seems clear to me that the helicopter had a speed camera/detector in it.

byrney

Yep.  Done that one as well Gus !!

gus-lopez

Quote from: byrney on May 07, 2013, 14:59:15 PM
Also went on it last week.

Still a fantastic road but if you intend to put your foot down, be very careful at the Vera end going North.

Following the floods the road seems to have developed mysterious humps and bumps.

Of course, I personally would never go over 120K on it, but have a "friend" who did and he nearly came a cropper...

The road from Pulpi back towards Huercal-Overa is like that at the Pulpi end. I took a wrong turn the otherweek  , with a trailer, not even going fast & got the fright of my life. You can't even see them until you are on top of it.

byrney

Also went on it last week.

Still a fantastic road but if you intend to put your foot down, be very careful at the Vera end going North.

Following the floods the road seems to have developed mysterious humps and bumps.

Of course, I personally would never go over 120K on it, but have a "friend" who did and he nearly came a cropper...

chicken

RoyBoy

Yes went on it last week.

chicken

Can anyone tell me if the Toll Road towards Murcia airport from Junction 534 of the E15 is now fully open please? Last info seems to be from January this year. Thanks.