car tax

Started by cg, August 03, 2013, 12:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Quote from: cg on August 03, 2013, 12:13:13 PM
Hiya, does anyone know if I can tax my English plated car which is a year old (so no mot required) onto the Spanish car tax system, if so how can I do it.

thanks

UK Tax only,BUT.... if you have an NIE  cert the cops are saying your resident then telling you to plate,if you plate a new ish car and its rhd your not going to get your money out of it when you sell it as they dont hold the value with them been rhd.

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Keithg

You cannot tax your UK registered car here. You have to get your car matriculated onto Spanish registration in order for you to be able to keep the car in Spain. If you are not a resident, you are allowed to keep your UK car here for six months. If you are resident, then you are only allowed one month before the car has to return to the UK.

cg

Hiya, does anyone know if I can tax my English plated car which is a year old (so no mot required) onto the Spanish car tax system, if so how can I do it.

thanks