Passport photos

Started by antatoo, August 17, 2013, 15:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antatoo

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
I don't think I'm confident enough to try it myself but I might go back & see when that shop is open again
:drinks:

ColinC

Quote from: Chisme on August 17, 2013, 19:53:34 PM
With digital cameras and ink-jet printers, it's quite satisfying to do your own - https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports.

very true! Although it doesn't say so on the web site I would suggest you print on photo quality paper! Don't forget to use a high resolution camera as the reader systems at the airport are quite sensitive and you do , I expect want to pass through the new "readers" without any problem...

Colin

guest4538

With digital cameras and ink-jet printers, it's quite satisfying to do your own - https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports.

ColinC

Hi That is where I usually send people to who need passport photos and they usually get it right first time and are not expensive..Shame they are closed! Where ever you go make sure you tell them it is for a British or UK passport as the sizes, backgrounds etc  are critical and will be rejected by the passport office if they don't come up to standard...

Colin

G and T

I had my photos taken in the the photographic shop in Albox as mentioned a couple of months ago.

Helpful lady in there and she charged €5 for 4 photos.

Richard.

CT

If you can find a copy of the Almeria Focus freebie magazine there's a list of photographers in there. As I don't know where you are can't help with local ones.There are people listed in Albox, Vera and Mojacar. There used to be a guy called Josh who did passport photos at Eddie's second-hand shop down the road opposite Mora petrol station in Arboleas. Might be worth a call there to see if he's still around.

antatoo

Hi, I'm looking for somewhere that does passport photos. I was told to go to the photographic shop in Albox (just over the bridge where the statue of a woman is, opposite the Repsol place) but I think it's closed for hols.
Are these type of shops (the sort that have giant family portraits in the window in fancy frames) the only option over here and does anyone know what sort of prices they charge as they look quite expensive?
Do they do photo booths over here like in the UK as I can't remember seeing any?
It was so easy in the UK - you could just go to any supermarket and they had one of these DIY booths. Always worked for us!

Anyway, all suggestions welcome  :)