xmas dinner

Started by ann barbara, September 20, 2013, 18:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jill cockfield

Sure is Byrney, the most innocent question can be turned into something really nasty.  :handshake xx

Big Bad John

:police: The best Christmas Dinner I have ever had other than home cooked ones has been at Bistro Bonita, at Cerro Gordo. Fantastic meal, reasonable price and good atmosphere. Have booked again for this year but if you fancy it be quick, think he might be fully booked? If you are able to book and live in the Almanzora/Albox area quite happy to give a lift to 2 people?  :tiphat:
BigBadJohn.

byrney

It's hard work sometimes isn't it Jill?

jill cockfield

And yet one more thread not to get involved in........and for that reason I'm out ;)

ann barbara

Quote from: Pompey Blue on September 21, 2013, 14:04:03 PM
Dear oh dear, all this bickering, 13 posts and we are still no nearer getting sensible replies to the OP.
yes i agree it was a simple question lol

byrney

Bet he does now.  :lol:  Poor chap, you really are a slave-driver.... :clap:

jill cockfield

Been out twice for Xmas dinner in my life, never as good as home, I don't want all the work though so Colin will be doing it.....he doesn't know yet!

Pompey Blue

Dear oh dear, all this bickering, 13 posts and we are still no nearer getting sensible replies to the OP.
Man cannot live by bread alone, there should be a beverage involved.

doreen1

Quote from: hartcjhart on September 21, 2013, 02:21:44 AM
Quote from: byrney on September 20, 2013, 23:46:04 PM
Hi Mods,

Yes, it's that time of year again (it gets earlier every year eh?) when everybody will be seeking genuine recommendations for places to go for Xmas celebrations, and there'll no doubt be the usual cries of foul play about some businesses trying to gain an advantage over others by "sneaky" advertising.

Obviously, you want to give your regular advertisers "prime billing" and I don't think anybody has a problem with that.

But, so that things don't get out of hand with continuous "innocent" requests for telephone numbers etc, I wonder whether you have considered a separate Child Board for all things Xmas?  (A bit like your bars and restaurants section).

That way the "non-advertisers" could have a bit of a free-for-all, which would be helpful for us "punters", and for you, because you could just shunt them into that Section (a bit like the politics bit during the last elections).

Just a thought.
perhaps that time of month for you[/color]

someone has asked a reasonable question and people have answered what is your problem? thank god you are not a 'mod' otherwise unless it is about saving a cat/dog, nothing would get posted

Wow harty chillax, it's only a suggestion not a law

byrney

Hartcjhart, what on earth are you talking about?

I was trying to make a simple (hopefully helpful) suggestion, a) to avoid the main page getting cluttered up, b) to enable the Mods to monitor it all in one place, c) to make it easier for those of us who use the Forum as a valuable information.  If the Mods don't want to take it on board, that;s fine.  It is not an issue as you seem to make it out that it is.

As for nothing would be on the Forum except for cats and dogs if I was a Mod, again, what on earth are you talking about?  Is it tablet time for you?

And for the record I would never ever ever want to be either a Mod or a Councillor because I just could not deal with idiots (and, hcjh, read that as you will!!!).

hartcjhart

Quote from: byrney on September 20, 2013, 23:46:04 PM
Hi Mods,

Yes, it's that time of year again (it gets earlier every year eh?) when everybody will be seeking genuine recommendations for places to go for Xmas celebrations, and there'll no doubt be the usual cries of foul play about some businesses trying to gain an advantage over others by "sneaky" advertising.

Obviously, you want to give your regular advertisers "prime billing" and I don't think anybody has a problem with that.

But, so that things don't get out of hand with continuous "innocent" requests for telephone numbers etc, I wonder whether you have considered a separate Child Board for all things Xmas?  (A bit like your bars and restaurants section).

That way the "non-advertisers" could have a bit of a free-for-all, which would be helpful for us "punters", and for you, because you could just shunt them into that Section (a bit like the politics bit during the last elections).

Just a thought.
perhaps that time of month for you[/color]

someone has asked a reasonable question and people have answered what is your problem? thank god you are not a 'mod' otherwise unless it is about saving a cat/dog, nothing would get posted

hartcjhart

if the link doesnt work try here
http://beachcombermojacar.com/
then put your 'cursor' over 'food and drink'

hartcjhart

Hi Sue PM sent, hope to see you there

mike rothwell

We went to Fantasia in Mojacar last Christmas. Lovely meal, nil atmosphere! Sadly, Fantasia has closed now so that is not an option. A word of warning, we booked into a hotel so that we could stay over and enjoy the night life without worrying about having a drink and having the boys in green giving us grief! Sadly, we only found one bar open on the Playa on Christmas Day evening so we definitely will not be doing that again this Christmas !
Whatever you Forum peeps decide to do I hope you have a great Festive Season!

byrney

Hi Mods,

Just a thought.

Sueandandyb

Is it poss for somebody to pm Xmas dinner menu  at beachcomber
As I pressed the link & nothing is happening.

telcaz

We have been out for Christmas Dinner on several occasions in the UK, and once here, and never really enjoyed it, there is nothing like a home cooked Christmas Dinner, the only good thing about eating out is you don´t have any washing up to do.
So, needless to say, we will be eating at home again this year. HAVE A GOOD ONE EVERYBODY WHATEVER YOU DECIDE.
                                                  Terry.

gus-lopez

The cheese baguette's ,on the front in Águilas are very good christmas day.

hartcjhart

I always go to Beachcomber Bar on mojacar playa,a little bit dearer than Irish rover but I think it is worth it,problem with the rover is they try to jam as many people in as poss,whereas they dont at the 'beach'.
If you want I can PM you the menu or maybe John can post it here??(mods?)

hope this link is OK

http://beachcombermojacar.com/xmas-day-lunch-2/

Sueandandyb

Last year we went to the Irish rover in Mojacar 3 courses €20 each excelant value for money.

Cielos

Nothing like being prepared :clap:

We say every year "we'll go out for Christmas dinner" but I think we really mean it this year (tired of turkey curry and various leftovers)

So if anyone can recommend a really good place either locally or in Mojacar etc, be really grateful

Cost not really an issue - if you can't push the boat out then ,when can you?

ann barbara

only 90 odd days to go lol, any suggestions of a good reasonable priced place to go