three legged white dog

Started by skipanddot, October 05, 2013, 09:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saskia

I have tried with many other people to catch the 3 leg white dog but he is very canny & just will not let you get near enough to touch,  He can also move quite fast on those 3 legs & can climb steep hills, but 2 years ago he ran away at th sight of a person now he will wait while you put food down so if no one frightens him maybe in time he will trust us enough to catch him.

minettjean

Aahh! It was so cute last night ...the three legged dog and the big brown dog were curled up together.So good that they are friends.As we slowed down they both looked up and then went back to sleep again.

minettjean

I had a word at the APSA shop today.There are at least four rescue charities around Arboleas area.Surely they could sort it somehow between then,especially now there are pups involved.I@m not here all the time or I would help.

Karen4

Not sure why you're asking me? Ask the town hall!
Cl3880

minettjean

so if the townhall WAS to get involved what would they do about it?If no one can catch them to rescue them how would the townhall manage it?

Karen4

As I understand it , in Spain it is illegal to kill healthy dogs so no, that wouldn't be what I would expect the town hall to do. However, I think town halls may be responsible for "stray" dogs but am not sure, which is why I asked the question! Dogs which are left to form packs revert to more feral instincts and are a danger to themselves and others.
Cl3880

minettjean

What do you expect the townhall to do about it?kill them?? It's Spain...

Karen4

Given that there now seem to be more dogs than ever round the tip area perhaps it really is time that something was done about them....the town hall must have some responsibility, surely? I have asked this before but am still waiting for a reply!
Cl3880

John n Julie

when I saw him last night he was really struggling to get across the road, hobbling really bad and looking the worse for wear! worst I have seen him he must have had a bad night with the ladies.
Regards
John :tiphat: :tiphat:
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!

Karen4

There are some pups now there as well.
Cl3880

minettjean

I  was getting worried too, but I saw him today fast asleep at the side of the road.He gave me a fright because I wondered whether he had been knocked down,but as I slowed down beside him he opened his eyes and stretched.Phew!

soosoo

Saw him and both Brown dogs yesterday

skipanddot

has anyone seen the 3 legged white dog. i pass everyday and have not seen him in at least 3 weeks. the only dog i see  by the tip at the minuite is a brown dog. there use to be the white one and two brown ones.  i leave water every day and food at least every other day but just have not seen him in a long time.