Dog found in road

Started by ramblarider, October 16, 2013, 16:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramblarider

Just to update on this.

No chip (confirmed by scan) and the dog tested neg for Leish but positive for tick-born disease. Now undergoing full course of treatment. So far, no success at tracing any owner.

ramblarider

We shall try to locate the owner - of course, said owner should have had the dog registered and chipped, which would make it easier...

It has zero road sense - so simply releasing it back there would not be a good idea. It is an accident waiting to happen.

doreen1

Hi RR,
I wonder if you took her back, and she is a sweetie, to that area that she possibly belongs to someone living locally. She may have just got out of a yard or garden or that her owner might think it's ok to let a dog run loose.

It's only a suggestion, she doesn't look like she has been badly treated.

Good luck :wave

ramblarider

This little one was very nearly an ex-dog today. Lying in the middle of the junction by the School on the Albox-Taberno road. It was a miracle it did not get hit - I only saw it myself at the very last moment,

It is a female, in good condition. No collar. Doubtful it has a chip but we will get it scanned.

Whoever owns this dog is not only placing the dog at risk, but also road users. There was nearly a very nasty accident there this afternoon. Does anyone recognise it?