How to Feel Good About Yourself

Started by senile, October 21, 2013, 18:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MELEE

I sort of know the feeling gus-lopez  :-\

gus-lopez

MELEE

I agree with those sentiments but also with the comments made by gus-lopez to who I will add one of my own - the grass isn't always greener!

owdoggy

Quote from: gus-lopez on October 21, 2013, 21:38:09 PM
Yes, I've seen it before & maybe if you are that way inclined it is a pleasure. Unfortunately for me , as I have got older , I have got far more angrier at all the injustices of everything ,everywhere. Years ago when you have a family,a business, responsibilites, etc; you have to bite your tongue & swallow many things, now I don't have to do that .
I gave up before I was 50 & left the UK as I could see myself exploding one day & probably ending up in prison.
If I'm honest it isn't any better here, probably worse in fact , with the sheer  ineptitude, ignorance & apathy that you encounter with most official bodies.
I could go on for pages but I won't.

Ah yes, it would seem that you are also in the advanced stages of  C.O.G.S. (Cynical Old Git Syndrome), a condition that has crept up on me over the years but is now chronic.

I used to try so hard to be Mr Nice Guy (Dog?) and get along with everybody but now that has been beaten out of me by the astounding ignorance & sheer stupidity of some of those it has been my misfortune to encounter, be they companies or people.

I think I'm turning into a cross between my Dad (god rest his soul) and Victor Meldrew but the strange thing is ......... I'm quite enjoying it.

Grumpy uncle Doggy

gus-lopez

Yes, I've seen it before & maybe if you are that way inclined it is a pleasure. Unfortunately for me , as I have got older , I have got far more angrier at all the injustices of everything ,everywhere. Years ago when you have a family,a business, responsibilites, etc; you have to bite your tongue & swallow many things, now I don't have to do that .
I gave up before I was 50 & left the UK as I could see myself exploding one day & probably ending up in prison.
If I'm honest it isn't any better here, probably worse in fact , with the sheer  ineptitude, ignorance & apathy that you encounter with most official bodies.
I could go on for pages but I won't.

Amanda Oakley

True sentiment that we should all consider in real life....
Touching and admirable in every sense and applicable to all of us perhaps???
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

nibbler

Excellent sentiments. :clap: :clap:
Nibbler :tiphat:

senile

This was sent to me by a friend and neighbour and I agree with every word.

"As I've aged, I've become kinder to, and less critical of, myself. I've become my own friend.

I have seen too many dear > friends leave this world, too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with ageing.

Whose business is it, if I choose to read, or play on the computer, until 4 AM, or sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 50s, 60s & 70s, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love, I will.

I will walk the beach, in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves, with abandon, if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the young jet set. They, too, will get old.
I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And, eventually, I remember the important things.

Sure, over the years, my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break, when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength, and understanding, and compassion. A heart never broken, is pristine, and sterile, and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore.  I've even earned the right to be wrong.

I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day (if I feel like it)."