parrafin

Started by jonta, November 19, 2013, 18:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony19

Quote from: rippin82 on January 09, 2014, 15:08:47 PM
Dont know if this will help you... we had the same problem trying to get parrafin for our heater. Longos was about 8 euros for 1 litre which dosent last long at all. Depending if you want to make a trip or not we had to do xmas shopping in roquetas and popped into Leeroy Merlins whilst we were there and we paid 40euros for 20ltr. A big difference. We bought 2 bottles and have only just sarted using the 2nd bottle. So depending on how long you have your heaters on for and also I dont know if there is another Leeroy Merlins nearer. Maybe Aquilas???? But thats your best bet or take a shopping trip down to roquetas!!!

These prices are mad in the UK I pay £1.11 a litre

gus-lopez

Aah, the days when Paraffin was 10p a gallon !  :wave

rippin82

Dont know if this will help you... we had the same problem trying to get parrafin for our heater. Longos was about 8 euros for 1 litre which dosent last long at all. Depending if you want to make a trip or not we had to do xmas shopping in roquetas and popped into Leeroy Merlins whilst we were there and we paid 40euros for 20ltr. A big difference. We bought 2 bottles and have only just sarted using the 2nd bottle. So depending on how long you have your heaters on for and also I dont know if there is another Leeroy Merlins nearer. Maybe Aquilas???? But thats your best bet or take a shopping trip down to roquetas!!!

gingernut

Thanks Colin,your not getting your cake for nothing,see not nice :lol:

ColinC

I knew it would be someone he knows, ;D ;D ;D as Gingernut is a nice bloke!.. ;D ;D

Lynne

That's what smileys are for - you wouldn't have had the reaction if you had added a couple of them after your rant...!   :crazy: :crazy:
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

gingernut

Having said what I said I knew that Jonta would read my reply Why! because he is like a brother to me he was sat in our house night before last and aske me the same question.

So I can assure every one that what I said was just a big joke which Jonta and I will have a laught at over our next beer or two.

I will let every one know when I havn't had a good nights sleep so you can read what I am really like.

Merry Christmas to every one

Clarky

I cannot believe the response from Gingernut to a perfectly polite and reasonable request.
Jonta is a fairly recent member with few posts and whilst not knowing their circumstances they may have only been in the area relatively recently
and may not have the in depth knowledge of all things local that Gingernut feels they should have.
Many people like myself who are moving over in the new year come to these forums as an excellent way to find out about the enormous
issues that are in play when deciding to move over either permanently as in our case or just to buy.
I have asked several questions on this forum and have had some really excellent and informative replies and also many Pm`s. So thank you to those of you that have helped.
All of us are naturally hesitant about asking about things others may find a strange or commonplace request and when you see replies the like of what Gingernut posted
(and I will assume it was not tongue in cheek) it does more harm to a forum such as this than many may realise.
Potential buyers and people possibly looking to move over will retreat into them selves and be possibly to afraid or concerned to ask what to the regular forum users may seem mundane
questions.
I think a little civility Gingernut would go a long way and if you have nothing constructive to say then why comment?
Regards

Lisasbolt

go back to bed ginernut, you might get out the right side next time  ;)

pretty sure longos has it

Lynne

You sound a proper little ray of sunshine this morning...!
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

gingernut

Get off your backside and find it yourself instead of expecting everyone else to do it for you.

Have a nice day you lazy git.

ColinC

Think you will find Longo's sell it (or at least they did!)

jonta

Can you tell me where I can get paraffin. The ordinary stuff not the citronella scented one.
Cheers!!!!