Internet speeds

Started by casarolanda, February 09, 2014, 20:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod

Got the larger dish a couple of months ago and was guaranteed that if it did not work on change over that I would be upgraded to the larger dish with only the difference charged. However it is all working on the 1.9 famaval, no problem.

Elgin

Download speed with Wimax online: -

and curiously using a UK VPN router I can get this upload speed

Hudders

This is the one thing I am not looking forward to when we move over. Just done a speed test and got low results for here. Ping of 8, download of 115 Mbps & upload of 11Mbps! Been used to 126 download. Definitely not looking forward to slow speeds after we move - still - the sunshine will make up for it!!
Hudders

No - I'm not from Huddersfield, before anyone asks.. :)

byrney

Juan, absolutely nothing wrong at all with asking for a guarantee of continued service for three years.

However, I am not a betting man (?), but I reckon your chances of anybody giving you that sort of guarantee is absolutely zilch.  I wish you luck and sincerely hope that you get it.

It was only last week when one of the experts was wondering whether a 1.8m dish would be adequate enough after all, so trying to second-guess what will happen in the next three years.......

Juan Sheet

Accepted Brucie,
Not pointing any fingers at anyone.
But if you want to provide a service that costs 1,000 squidleys - give a receipt - with IVA and register your Co. so if anything goes wrong, the Consumer has a come back - fair enough?

Keithg

What Internet speed are you currently receiving?

Albox on Line = 1.0 down and 1.0 up

brucie1

of course non of the local advertisers are bogit and legits and the first one to offer the guarantee as well as the loads of advice and recommendations! we see could make enough money to retire on                 UNLESS THEY ARE WRONG AN HAVE TO MAKE GOOD ON THE WARRANTY

Juan Sheet

Byrney,
Is there really something wrong with wanting a guarantee?
Seen many a "Bodgit and Leggit" round here.
You think it's funny, but there's many people out here who still expect value for money.
There are quite a few widowed peops out here who are distraught that their TV has gone. And cant afford that kind of cash without reassurance.
Keep laughing. Does it make you feel good?

Essex Girl

Quote from: Lynne on February 11, 2014, 13:24:56 PM
Here's three to try:
http://www.speedtest.net/
http://www.testdevelocidad
http://www.bandwidthplace.com/

I have just tried all three-  Ist  speed of 4.85
                                     2nd....not available
                                     3rd speed of 0.45

Very strange!

A wise old owl sat in an oak,
The more he saw the less he spoke,
The less he spoke, the more he heard,
Why aren't we like that wise old bird?

byrney

"Guarantee me TV - let's say SKY for 3 years, keep the price to a grand for install if it's by dish and give me a legal contract (not cash in an envelope) I'm there."

:rofl:

Juan Sheet

Rod

Bite the bullet, get a larger dish.

Daffy

Juan Sheet

Yep - seems Andriods are hit and miss. From talking to a few people - some are lucky and some (like us) keep getting them fall over - for whatever reasons.
But (or am I missing something?) there seems to me to be a lot of knowledge and experience being input but nothing is very clear.
Some things work for some and others with similar equipment do not.
Early days.
If I could get a written guarantee by a rep Company that their "solution" would work or money back - I'd go for it tomorrow.
So, here's a challenge for the experts.
Guarantee me TV - let's say SKY for 3 years, keep the price to a grand for install if it's by dish and give me a legal contract (not cash in an envelope) I'm there.
Was in a queue in Albox today in a PC shop. All English trying to get a cable to connect their PCs to TV and the lady just kept say "not compatible".
There's a lot of lost souls out there.

felipe

I am finding that when using wifi with the android setup it fails abysmally, waste of time.  But when hard wired it works great direct from an internet hub unit.  wifi and streaming movies works great it is the live stuff via Filmon that fails.  This is with a fairly constant 6meg download speed from Eurosatwiz.

Juan Sheet

Android failed on BBC turn off day.
Filmon buffering every few seconds on PC let alone by dead Andriod.
6mb Albox online.
But let's not have a go at them cos dont know what prob is exactly. Besides threads seem to get locked when you do.
I know Kevin likes Doctor Who - perhaps why everyone on the freephone sounds like a Darlek.
I'm sure they want to provide a good service or will lose business - got to trust them.

Lynne

You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Mermaid

Thanks Hatster, will report in future.  Watching OK this morning via android.

sue

Albox-online speed back....they must of fixed which ever fault...
s e davies

Daffy

Can someone please recommend a site to test internet speed as I have tried three with a different result each time.
Thank you

Elgin

I get 15 - 16 Mbits/sec from Wimax Online for €30pm +IVA.

It looks like they cover up to Zurgena and Arboleas but it might be a bit patchy around Albox.

PS If you PM  me if you are interested in switching to Wimaxonline I can recommend you to them and they'll give me one month free!

Babyboomer

Been experiencng problems with Albox On-line phone service lots of our friends unable to call us. If your phone doesn't ring how do you know.
Thinking of getting Skype numbers in Spain and UK and ditching Albox Online phone service.
My net is from Eurosatwiz and I have just had 5.09 down 1.3 upload here in Spain and 3.9 don and 1.3 upload to New York.
I am not sure where the source for filmon.tv is and that will affect your effective speeds.

Mark Drew email:mark1drew at gmail.com El Prado, Arboleas.

Essex Girl

I spoke to Kevin (Albox Online) this morning re internet speed, apparently there is a problem with one of his dishes that can not be repaired due the the weather conditions.
A wise old owl sat in an oak,
The more he saw the less he spoke,
The less he spoke, the more he heard,
Why aren't we like that wise old bird?

globetrotter

I have used an android box for months, some days it was so slow to get going I either gave up or missed half the programme.
Many things can have an effect on these things, slow internet being only one of them.

Don't be too quick to blame the internet provider.

hatster

Hi,

Anyone experiencing problems with their albox-online connection should report it to info@albox-online.net so that the problem can be resolved.  There are no wide-scale problems or reasons that android type boxes should not work.

sapper

Arboleas town hall last night at 2100 5.7 download

Mermaid

First problem we had with the android box was last night (Sunday) 8.30 and gave up at 9.20 but it was OK for hubby to watch footie later on.  So not so good at peak viewing times. Am with Albox online too.

alanjune

my speed at the moment is 1.91 at best.....rubbish. Think Albox on-line should let us know if they are or going to have problems supplying internet,as a lot of people will be using the Android boxes.

sapper

Arboleas town hall internet film on is fab !!!! Even when I was on the internet and the boss was watching telly.

byrney

Snap Karen.  I watched various programmes on filmon and wiziwig all day yesterday with only the occasional buffering.

I suspect that it depends entirely on your Internet Service Provider and the TV/computer system you've got.

Karen4

Our filmon is excellent, clear picture and sound with no buffering at all. Watched the rugby easily on Saturday and Match of the Day last night, very nearly as good as the satellite picture.
Cl3880

Eddie

have tried watching on Film on. Wont bother in the future, quality is crap compared to a crisp sat signal.

fastboy

speed last night 1.4 android box buffering every few mins, albox online

byrney

Has what the harbingers of doom predicted come true then? - that if everybody starts streaming telly, there'll be a problem?

Or is it just because of the extremely high winds we're experiencing at the moment?

Rod

Just did a test, 5.97 down and 0.98 up, seems good to me.