TV channels

Started by pellow, February 11, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

Phil, it must be the areas we live in then that cause the problems.  I've been using filmon both via wifi and by "hot-wiring" it without problem - in fact, it's actually been better than the satellite during the high winds!

felipe

As I have mentioned elsewhere, I have found that Filmon works perfectly when using a cable to the internet instead of using wi-fi.  With wi-fi, streaming movies and TV series that are stored on the internet works great, but for some reason filmon continually buffers and eventually drops out. So mine is hard wired all the time now.

Roger

I got an android box on Monday.
At first seemed fine, but now am getting a lot of buffering, despite a very good internet signal on my lap top, which works fine.
So am now investigating re locating the android box to try to get a better signal, but the shop in Albox has sold out of cables.
I am wondering if the receiver in these android boxes are good enough.

byrney

The cost of a larger dish Lorainne was a major factor in my decision - on top of the fact that I don't even like the look of our 1.2m dish let alone a larger one.

A "box" is obviously a sensible choice, but at €200 I personally want to make sure that it does the job before imvesting.

From the  reports so far, it appears that it does do the job but is still dependant on having a decent and reliable internet connection.

So, I will consider a box in th future but, for the time being, I am more than happy with my no-cost laptop-TV solution.

Elgin

The channels seem to come and go.  Yesterday morning we had some channels (not ITV1) during the day the disappeared then in the evening they started coming back.  By 10pm most were available again (inc ITV)..  This morning is very similar  - no ITV, BBC weak but Ch4 OK.

Was this a time of day thing or was it to do the the amount of cloud cover (or both)?

pugwash

Very strange!!!  This evening in Huercal Overa on 1.3 dish we got back BBC1 Scotland and Channel Isles, BBC2 and Channel 4.

Lorraine

Yes, you're right Byrney, but if it turns out that a dish is the best way to go, we're a bit sunk - could not begin contemplating the amount of money that a dish apparently costs.

byrney

Before you do Lorainne, just read the posts on here about the various options available to you and the advantages and disadvantages that real people have experienced this last week.

Lorraine

Sadly nothing has "come back" - and to be honest I dont think it will. Can't afford a dish, so we will probably need to buy a box thingy.

antatoo

Lost all channels as expected this morning as we only have a 1.2m dish but the surprise is that ITV came back tonight!
Has anyone else checked?

guitarman

May I ask who supplied and fitted your dish please?

RoyBoy

Hi,all back on.big dish Colin came and tweaked it Magic.

LosHiggers

we are in Los Higuerales, Arboleas..at present (and all morning so far) we have all channels...and HD...with a 1.8 dish...currently 3 -3 with the Germans at curling!

cg

Had a 1.8 dish fitted last Saturday, got all the channels back and more besides even got HD, we live near top of rambla De Oria dish triple LND fittings cable the lots 780 Euros

kittycat

If pablosmum's  dish was fitted before the changeover, it probably just needs tweaking to work with the new signal and it will be fine!!

jimmybeen

'Garlicking' I'm pleased the large dish is working for you, but 'pablosmum' states on another thread that the 1.9 dish is not working, but I've no idea yet if this is an area problem as I don't know where 'pablosmum' is located. 

Garlicking

We have a 1.9m dish and can get all of our usual channels.
On our SKY Box BBC 1 reception is not brilliant from 16.00 to 17.30, however through the Humax box reception is perfect.
We are 5 km north of Huercal Overa.
Judging by recent posts it would appear that your location would determine what size dish you require.
Probably best to get expert advice before committing to anything

jimmybeen

OK so if 'anneck' has all channels with a 1.9 dish does that mean that a 1.9 dish is going to do the job for all of us in this region, or is there still a disparity in areas that can cause some of us to remain off the grid?

JAN

Lost all the ITV's but still have the 4s.

I thought we were losing them as well, result  :D
If I was patronizing you, I'd be patting you on the head and saying "Size doesn't matter".

busterboy72

ALL T.V GONE IN ANTAS TO

Elgin

Ours is only a 1.6m dish

anneck

I have all the channels up and working today including HD channels which I hadn't been able to get since BBC changeover. I have a 1.9m dish I brought down from the Costa Blanca 3 years ago. I remember people down here laughing at the size of the dish  but I had paid around 900€ for it there and wasn't about to leave it behind, thank goodness I didn't.

Elgin

I've lost ITV1 but can get CH4 (and even a weak CH4 HD) this morning.  Moreover, the longer I leave it on the better the signal.  Also, last night I got good reception on most BBC (non HD) channels.  This morning the signals are weaker again but can get BBC1 (SE, CI, West, East, N West, Yorks, NE&C London & Scotland) with some break up plus BBC 2 (England and Scotland).  Other channels available this morning include:-

BBC ALBA (but my gaelic is rubbish)
CH5 + CH5HD
BBC RB2 (good) BBC RB1 (some break up)
ITV2, 3, 4 all in HD only
Plus all Sky movies channels HD and SD (previously couldn't get all of them)

copperfish

Altype

cant seem to get any chanels this morning grrrrrrrr

pellow

Itv and channel 4 now gone ..