Help with Connecting Old Laptop to TV

Started by Peter and Frances, February 11, 2014, 13:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essex Girl

Have a look at "You Tube"  connecting PC to TV.  Very helpful.
A wise old owl sat in an oak,
The more he saw the less he spoke,
The less he spoke, the more he heard,
Why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Peter and Frances

Thanks Guy's
I tried your suggestions I think it must be the wrong lead it is a very old computer, I will try another lead

Thank for your replies

steveconway24

Can't rember for sure, but try "shift F3 or F4"  This toggles between laptop screen and exterior screen.

Tetley

we had the same,on the older computer,the screen would work on the comp,but no picture on the telly,however first,make sure you have selected pc on your tv menue.

newer laptop is ok no problem,dvi to hmdi,picture on both,sound through surround sound via lap top headphone socket.

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Peter and Frances

I have just bought a cable that connects into the DVI-D Port on the old laptop, the other end is a HDMI conection
I also bought a set of speakers to help with the volume

The problem is I can play Filmon on the computer and the speakers are fine. But I can't get a picture on the tv do you think that I need a 15 pin male VGA cable to a 15pin RGB in socket on the TV  :head  :head ???

Regards
Peter