Filmon struggling

Started by eurosatwiz, February 12, 2014, 13:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earviva

Steve re Javier at WiMAX

Eileen in Urcal on 8mg.  Sorry very disappointed in his attitude on the phone, probably stressed out, like most of us and there was I hoping for a stress less retirement!
Eileen

Karen4

Thanks Byrney, I have sent them an email now!
Cl3880

phileas fogg

Hang on a little while Film on know of our problem and are dealing with it as I write. We have now done speed tests with them and also program tests together with others

Roger

I had some problems with my android box.
I have lengthened the cable to bring it closer to my router.
This made it better.
Am currently watching emmerdale.
Not buffered for the past 13 minutes.
Fingers crossed.
I am on Arboleas Internet with 4 meg, currently getting 8 meg.

My next move is to hardwire from my router to the usb port on the android box.

Not as good as a dish.
For films on very good quality there is always canal plus.
And get Spanish TV as well to see what is happening in the rest of the world which Sky News and BBC and ITV news does not know about.
Or is that too revolutionary.

byrney

Hi Karen,

For people experiencing filmon problems you should be able to send a "ticket" to them which they will respond to - or they have live chat for immediate attention.

You need to register with them (free - which also gives you ten hours of free programme recording).

Of course, that is not good if you can't even get onto the site!

There is an email address at contact-us@filmon.com

Incidentally, I have sent them a ticket to tell them that my filmon is working perfectly.  I have given them details of my ISP and download speed, which might help them handle all the complaints likely to be coming from the Valley!

Talking Heads

Quote from: earviva on February 13, 2014, 18:57:18 PM
Sorry to you all you happy Wimax companies but having been spoken to very rudely and accused of things by one of the owners Javier this afternoon, I would not recommend them at present.  They have promised me a technician, but will wait and see.  My problem has not just been in the last week but ongoing off and on for the last 5 weeks.
I know Javier and he is normally calm person?
I am working with him at the moment regards giving expats unlimited service on bandwidth for iptv, but his system needs tweeking. I'm currently on a 16mb service but at peak TV times it reduces to 6-8mb. That is still good enough to watch android TV.
Depends on what MB your are paying for and where you are?
Steve.
DJ to the Almeria Stars..............

Daffy

Quote from: phileas fogg on February 13, 2014, 13:26:02 PM
Albox on line 6 meg I cannot get film on without buffering. Eveyone on  albox on line has the same IP address, I changed my IP address to one in UK and now I can watch film on in peace no buffering at all runs so smooth.
Can you please tell me how to change IP address?

Karen4

Quote from: chel on February 13, 2014, 16:18:36 PM
Have sent an email to filmon customer services which is on their site.  Have explained the prob.  They have sent ideas for a fix.  The fix didn't work.  They have come back again and said that I am the second customer from Spain in two days with same prob, so they are now getting their tech-y guys on the case.  Was very impressed with their speed of response, so fingers crossed they will get it fixed.  But if anyone else wants to try and send them info too might help to get it sorted.  I am getting good pix and sound (no buffering) on channels such as Dave and Pick TV, but nothing on the stuff we want to see ............
Chel can you give us the email address for Filmon please? I can't even get far enough into their site to find it - it's not loading at all!
Cl3880

earviva

Sorry to you all you happy Wimax companies but having been spoken to very rudely and accused of things by one of the owners Javier this afternoon, I would not recommend them at present.  They have promised me a technician, but will wait and see.  My problem has not just been in the last week but ongoing off and on for the last 5 weeks.
Eileen

Juan Sheet

Yep - reminds of the Titanic and the Rivets.

Two ways to go for me.
Jump ship and get a new dish.

From the ISPs..........
It's too quiet, much too quiet...................

byrney

There were warnings given on here months ago (granted they were by the sat guys) that local ISPs might not be able to cope with the increased pressure from everyone streaming tv at the same time.

Doesn't the silence you seem to be getting speak volumes?

The choice appears to be simple - a larger dish, or a change of ISP to one which can cope with the extra load.

Juan Sheet

Yep - and still no statement from the local ISPs.
If anyone should know - surely it would be them?
But no - nuffink constructive - less I've missed something???

Suej

We can't get into at all, fine until about 6pm yesterday, started to break up so we came out and haven't been able to get into in since.

chel

Have sent an email to filmon customer services which is on their site.  Have explained the prob.  They have sent ideas for a fix.  The fix didn't work.  They have come back again and said that I am the second customer from Spain in two days with same prob, so they are now getting their tech-y guys on the case.  Was very impressed with their speed of response, so fingers crossed they will get it fixed.  But if anyone else wants to try and send them info too might help to get it sorted.  I am getting good pix and sound (no buffering) on channels such as Dave and Pick TV, but nothing on the stuff we want to see ............

Juan Sheet

And this is the point where I get my shovel to dig the foundations for the dish - I'll find it easier in the long run.

Shame - bye bye Bikini Babes.

phileas fogg

Tunnel bear will do this for you, if you wish to carry on using thisyou will have to pay a small amount, it is far better than ex pat shield and also you do not get adverts. I have a different set up hide my ip address which works the same but I do not pay

Lesley and Pete

Albox on line 6 meg I cannot get film on without buffering. Eveyone on  albox on line has the same IP address, I changed my IP address to one in UK and now I can watch film on in peace no buffering at all runs so smooth.

How do you change to a UK IP address please?  I'm having exactly the same problem with the same provider.  

Sorry - I have just noticed that you replied to someone else as I was typing!

phileas fogg

Very easy, if you download tunnel bear change the ip address to UK and there you go, I use hide my ip address which I have managed to obtain  the full version.
You can get more time added to tunnel bear by logging onto facebook etc

ramblagirl

Just tried that via Expatshield and it still doesn't work

Juan Sheet

OK - how did you do that please?

Juan Sheet

Early days but a pattern will emerge.
Maybe it's Filmon or maybe it's the ISP - but it will slowly become clear.
I guess patience is required but beware jumping from one fire to another or throwing good money after bad etc.

It's frustrating hearing someone here is doing ok when you (and me) are not but it will settle down and where the problems are will become obvious.

phileas fogg

byrney

"Yay ........got BBC 1 .......... go Shelley Rudman!!!!!!!!!!

Does she install dishes? What's her number?".

The dish that she uses seems to be much more use to her than the round variety and far more compact - as for her number - it's NUMBER 1 :clap:

Lesley and Pete

Quote from: Karen4 on February 13, 2014, 11:20:29 AM
It isn't loading anything for me at the minute!

Last night couldn't load anything via Filmon, and today managed a bit of BBC2 but it kept buffering.  Our speeds have varied between 2.7 and 5.0 but still no luck.  Contacted AOL via e-mail on 11th and so far only a standard response.  

Many apologies Karen - it was me that put you on to Filmon.... lol  xx

Babyboomer

Unable to get Filmon.tv since 5pm yesterday using Eurosatwiz for network access. Tried compsat.tv and wiziwig no success.
My Internet radio has been fine except for the occasional 15 to 25 second break once or twice an hour. 
Mark Drew email:mark1drew at gmail.com El Prado, Arboleas.

Juan Sheet

Quote from: alanjune on February 13, 2014, 13:07:33 PM
As stated previously , a bit of communication from internet providers (Albox on-line) would be good,have heard they have something in the pipeline.So tell us.
Will give it another week,then will be looking at alternative providers to see what they are doing.Still paying full price , but not getting what we are paying for.

Tend to agree with you.

Juan Sheet

Quote from: chel on February 13, 2014, 12:46:37 PM
Yay ........got BBC 1 .......... go Shelley Rudman!!!!!!!!!!

Does she install dishes? What's her number?

alanjune

As stated previously , a bit of communication from internet providers (Albox on-line) would be good,have heard they have something in the pipeline.So tell us.
Will give it another week,then will be looking at alternative providers to see what they are doing.Still paying full price , but not getting what we are paying for.

chel

Knew it was toooooooo good to be true ~ olympic coverage switched to BBC Two ~ and it's not loading.  Infamy, infamy .............. I just want to watch the skiing and stuff!

chel

Yay ........got BBC 1 .......... go Shelley Rudman!!!!!!!!!!

Juan Sheet

Not a Witch hunt but Filmon frozen all day on 6mb Albox Online hard wired to tower and seems to have got worse over last 48 hrs - more people connecting Androids?

Wonder if the Android sales people will refund if they dont work? I expect they may point at Filmon or the ISP as the problem - and that is likely true  - the truth is out there Skully - but I wonder how many out there have new Androids which are of little use for TV (the reason they bought them).

I'm surprised not to have seen local ISPs make a statement as to what they think the problem is - or perhaps they have and I missed it?

dave cockshaw

I am watching BBC 1 now on Filmon, maybe just a glitch?

chel

Defo a plot ~ have now got BBC on filmon ~ BBC Parliament that is!!!!!!  Definitely smelling a rat

chel

Pick TV still loading fine, good picture, no buffering ~ but nothing I want to watch!   BBC etc still NOT loading ~ so definitely seeing a plot here! 

casarolanda

Just tried ch 5 on Film on,does not work,none of it works now ,before it would work in the daytime then break down at peak times,now none of it works.just done a speed test via ookla,5.42 download 0.93 upload ping 126! I think Film on must have a problem. When I go on film on it comes up saying Low internet speed! I just don't understand it ? I am in Los Higuerales.  pmt