internet tv

Started by bikermalcolm, February 12, 2014, 15:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan Sheet

Agree - dish is the way and in my limited experience and a few others I know - Androids are great when working but seem to go wonky and need expert attention more often than is acceptable.
Just my opinion, but my Android keeps falling over - lot of faffing about for what? A sticking Filmon - nah, fed up with it.

Mermaid

We have android box from Costa Smart TV and Internet speed is good this morning at 5.39 but bad buffering on filmon. Catch up tv via tube+ is fine as it is not live streaming. - conclude it is not the ISP but the website of filmon.    Looks like we will be getting a bigger dish eventually but glad that this has brought the availability of so much tv content to our attention, all those box sets to get through!!

Rod

Stick with a decent Famaval dish and a good installer who you can trust.

sparra

Hello  the same happened to us . after 5 o clock we lost filmon. no problem at all before that time. we went to a presentation of android at total entertainment. and it looked great. are we loosing filmon because  our present internet suppliers speed is crap I don't know. has any one used the android box for any length of time and can give any guidance . slightly confused ..thanks everyone ..

coolsolutions

Installers doing things cheap ! are they legal or is it just beer money ?

CoolSolutions,Colin Baldwin

suzuki

I went the dish route straight away and took the gamble.Well,it's paid off up to now.Getting all channels that we had before and then some.Slight breakup of some channels for a couple of hours during the afternoon but with tweeking it is getting better.Fingers crossed so only time will tell.I do have one friend who went the cheap dish route and he is now regretting it.I'm no expert so dont shoot the messenger but I have found in this life that you generally get what you pay for.
GEM

Trucker

Think in all its going down the dish route...Mike Barnes doing them and a lot cheaper than other installers...I understand I am not allowed to give his number on here..so if you want it PM me and I will let you know it...clever man with all this tech stuff...

serenity

Can you give more details about using Camposat pls, some of are not savvy.  Is this via an android box or by computer. 

Juan Sheet

Filmon was great all day till around 5pm and has slowly ground to a halt.
Same yesterday.
It doesn't take rocket science to assume it's the evening usage - either on my ISP (notice I'm politely not saying who) or on Filmon.
I dont believe it's Filmon.
I'm reasonably sure it's my ISP.
My mate in Alfoquia - same ISP 6 MB - cant get his Android to run properly either.

So, my apologies to Android Man as I cannot buy your boxes because of this as much as I wanted to - called you recently to arrange.

Spoken to Colin and I'm going the dish way. Didn't want to but not very confident with anything else.

Optomist

It also uses Filmon as they say they are using it to test their system , no IP blocker needed either however it appears to run smoothly but gonna try it tonight and switch between Filmon and Camposat  when Corrie is on and see what happens then  . Found several other and some also use Filmon the others are not a lot of good at all . I'm even more convinced now that you cant beat the satellite reception for clarity , reliability and continuity .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

Wilf and Moira

Seems to work well, thanks for that.  :clap: :clap: :tiphat:
Always maintain the Status Quo!!

bikermalcolm

Have discovered camposat.TV, very easy to use, find it with Google