Get your Channel 4 etc back.

Started by Karen4, February 12, 2014, 20:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aljambra1

Didnt thi k it had stored on mine either, when I tried it earlier. But have just scrolled along to other channels and voila it is there! Wish we could itv as well.

bruin

Thankyou for the information. I tried on Wednesday night and got no signal but this morning tried again and it worked.

Happy Days

everset

Thanks Karen very useful info works well, 4 channels back in use.
everset

felipe

we still get ITV2,3 and 4, More 4, E4 HD via our Openbox.  Great if all you want to watch are repeats repeats and more repeats.  Don't know if that is just because they have not moved yet or not.

swithin

Hi Karen. Like flintstone when I press select it searches and then says no signal?. What box are you using?

Karen4

Flintstone when it says "Find channels" it then says "press select" to find channels. Is that what you did?  We then saw all the channel 4 ones, we ticked to save each one and they were then saved in "other channels". To find "other channels" you need to press "menu" then "services" then number 7 which is "other channels". Don't know if this is of any help?
Cl3880

flintstone

Hi Karen,

I have a Sky subscription.

I go to Add channels and enter the codes (12480 etc)

I then press find channels and get the message "No signal Found"

So there seems to be some anomaly.

But Thanks anyway.

Karen4

Ha! Ha! Barny! It's all thanks to Europa Digital and their information via Spectrum FM Facebook page. It would be great if it becomes possible to get the ITV channels somehow, you never know! People need to remember to retune the frequency only on the "Add channels" section. If you try to do it anywhere else it won't work. Also you need to remember that the channels will now be found under "Other channels" and not where they used to be. No point in trying to get them from the main menu as that's not where they're stored now.
Swithin are you looking for them in the "Other channels" section? If you have a Sky subscription and you have changed the frequency in the right place , and remembered to tick them to store them, then they will be stored in the "Other channels" section.
just takes a little bit of getting used to!
Cl3880

sat

This not new, and they have been available for ages.
We used them here when the FTA versiosn were on the 2.4m dishes, and people with smaller dishes could access them easily.

You are simply adding encrypted Irish version of C4 E4 M4 - which are on a different beam and satellite to the free to air versions.
They will not replace the channels on 104 etc.
but you simply input the frequency into add channels (not into the default transponder section), and it adds them to you "other channels " list.

In fact C4 is available with a "free to view" non subscription card.
E4 andM4 require a Sky subscription card.

Of course there is a chance they may move to the Uk beam along with the free to air versions....

The default transponder only tells the sky box which frequency to use to download the sky guide data when the box is first powered on.
If you change this frequency to another, it is perfectly normal for it to rever back to 11778 - it will and it should - as this is the only frequency that carries the full 7 day sky guide information.

you cannot do this for ITV1, as all ITV1s are all free to air, and only available on the UK beam, not on any other beam.

Barny

Hey Karen thanks very much for the info got all cha 4 programmes back let us know when you crack the itv codes

Thank You

Barny

swithin

I have sky subscription and does not work on my box!

JohnH

Karen4

We're watching Channel 4+1 at the minute with no problems...do you have a Sky subscription? Also, make sure you are changing the frequency to 12.480 on the "Add channels" section, not anywhere else!
Cl3880

Babyboomer

Quote from: Karen4 on February 12, 2014, 20:09:26 PM
If you have a Sky subscription you can get your Channel 4 back, plus all the associated channels like More 4 etc. Instructions as per Jason Terry, from Europa Digital:
....................LEASE NOTE: Only available to sky subscription boxes. More information on other channels as we get it.
Source: Jason Terry (Technical Director: Europa Digital)
We have got them all back - my OH was so pleased that he also added in Kerrang and a couple of others I haven't heard of!

Tried this on our two Sky Boxes and the 12.051 and the 12.480 drop out and revert todefault transponder  11.778
So no joy for me. In setup signal strength was good for both.
Mark Drew email:mark1drew at gmail.com El Prado, Arboleas.

Karen4

If you have a Sky subscription you can get your Channel 4 back, plus all the associated channels like More 4 etc. Instructions as per Jason Terry, from Europa Digital:
You can get the following channels back:
More 4
Channel 4
Channel 4+1
E4
E4+1
4Music
You need to go into "Add Channels" on the Sky menu, then enter the following, in order:
12.480 (this was the only one we needed to change, the rest, below, were the same)
V
2/3
Tick the channels once downloaded, to save them.
They will be stored in other channels on your sky box
PLEASE NOTE: Only available to sky subscription boxes. More information on other channels as we get it.
Source: Jason Terry (Technical Director: Europa Digital)
We have got them all back - my OH was so pleased that he also added in Kerrang and a couple of others I haven't heard of!
Cl3880