Can we all just put the TV hell into a semblance of reality.

Started by JAN, February 13, 2014, 01:02:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAN

Quote from: ramblarider on February 13, 2014, 06:32:10 AM
Quote from: JAN on February 13, 2014, 01:02:48 AM

All this talk of buying new boxes etc is a bit of a joke really, your phone can do it.

Plug yer phone in, result, no need for super dooooper dishes, no need for weird android boxes, a scam if the truth be told, just plug yer phone in and all will well in Corrieland and the rest of soap land.

Discovered this through much trolling about hte interweb, amazing it is, yer phone is your friend, superb pic, no buffering, and no outlay,

Data charges. If you do it over your home wi-fi, subject to same bottlenecks as any other device. If you use the mobile phone signal, you will be hit with massive data use charges. Watching lots of video on the mobile network is non-viable. They usually charger per Mb.....even the highest cost contract plans are usually capped, in addition.

I think you have missed the point of my post.

An Android phone can do everything a 200 euro box can.

You will still have the same problems with a box, so why pay 200 for a box when your phone can do the same for free.

Just saying like  :whistle:
If I was patronizing you, I'd be patting you on the head and saying "Size doesn't matter".

Juan Sheet

But we have lost a "semblance of reality" byrney. (thread title).
But thanks for reminding me, It's obviously just me right now that has no TV - not we - that would imply others have as well.
My apologies.

byrney

Juan Sheet

I hear Ewan McGregor is currently filming an appeal on behalf of us.
Would just 2 pounds a month to restore our TV be a lot to ask?

Karen4

Cl3880

doreen1

Quote from: webejamin on February 13, 2014, 09:50:24 AM
It has been reported that a plane load of expats arrived in the UK after abandoning their homes in Spain. When asked why? by Border Control, they all stated that they had been denied access to UK TV and demanded asylum in the UK.
Among the expats were several dozen wanted criminals, they said that life without UK TV was intolerable and that their human rights had been stripped away. All expats are being held at Broadmoor, to be assessed.
Meanwhile the EU courts are said to be in turmoil over claims for compensation, due to loss of UK TV. David Cameron is expected to announce limitless funds to fight these cases.
Meanwhile, half of the UK remains under water, with no let-up in the stormy weather. The PM has said all flood relief is to be diverted to fighting any EU court actions.

Latest. Airlines are to increase flights from Spain, due to demand by fleeing expats. 

Fantastic more room here for the rest of us.
Sitting outside having a cuppa sun shining on my face...who needs TV ++=

webejamin

It has been reported that a plane load of expats arrived in the UK after abandoning their homes in Spain. When asked why? by Border Control, they all stated that they had been denied access to UK TV and demanded asylum in the UK.
Among the expats were several dozen wanted criminals, they said that life without UK TV was intolerable and that their human rights had been stripped away. All expats are being held at Broadmoor, to be assessed.
Meanwhile the EU courts are said to be in turmoil over claims for compensation, due to loss of UK TV. David Cameron is expected to announce limitless funds to fight these cases.
Meanwhile, half of the UK remains under water, with no let-up in the stormy weather. The PM has said all flood relief is to be diverted to fighting any EU court actions.

Latest. Airlines are to increase flights from Spain, due to demand by fleeing expats. 

doreen1

Quote from: Hogs on February 13, 2014, 08:01:11 AM
That's it you've done it now !  There will be some geezer in a shark skin shiny grey suit, red lining, Trilbu at a jaunty and pencil moustache speaking out the side of his gob selling UK TV and All the Sky Channels App down the market for 50 Sovs ! No need to worry about usage cos it jumps on to anybody else's allowance
and uses theirs ! Guaranteed Guv, Honest just search the app name on this free. yes FREE flash drive when you get 'ome and down load it, you may fink 50 sovs is dear but to be guaranteed ALL ya telly well I ask you what price is 24 / 7 of the best of British TV worth these days ?  You may 'ave seen my 'Technical TV Miracle' in Saturdays mail ?  Well I don't need to advertise and that's how I keep my costs so low see, Word of Mouth is the way to go and only those that have kept an open mind are gonna benefit from my little miracle  I can tell you !

On my Muvvers eyes you can trust my and I give 24 / 7 technical back up too so do ya want one ?

R.F. Erdaly

:rofl:

ramblarider

Quote from: ADVANCE Digital on February 13, 2014, 06:38:56 AM
1 hours programme via Filmon is roughly 240Mb tested on 3G vodafone.

Yes, and standard (non HSDPA) 3G will struggle anyway with video. You'd have to be a really good, strong signal area. Plans vary, but typically, 250-300Mb is likely to cost in the region of €5+... so 10 hours of rather poor quality TV = at least €50. Some plans cost a whole lot more. Check very carefully in advance. A lot of them will cut you off or reduce your speed to a crawl if you use too much data as well....too much is often not much... 1/2Gb is typical.

olly

Thanks Doreen, thought they would be same as my android tablet, so will bear one in mind when all the dust settles. Despite my wife bending my ear about her soaps, I will wait a couple of weeks before deciding what to do. pmt
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

doreen1

Quote from: olly on February 13, 2014, 07:26:28 AM
Home phones and android boxes are not a solution to anyone who has a hearing problem and needs the help of subtitles.

Olly, if you have an android box you can go into settings and enable subtitles. Hope this helps. :wave

olly

Home phones and android boxes are not a solution to anyone who has a hearing problem and needs the help of subtitles.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

ADVANCE Digital

1 hours programme via Filmon is roughly 240Mb tested on 3G vodafone.

ramblarider

Quote from: JAN on February 13, 2014, 01:02:48 AM

All this talk of buying new boxes etc is a bit of a joke really, your phone can do it.

Plug yer phone in, result, no need for super dooooper dishes, no need for weird android boxes, a scam if the truth be told, just plug yer phone in and all will well in Corrieland and the rest of soap land.

Discovered this through much trolling about hte interweb, amazing it is, yer phone is your friend, superb pic, no buffering, and no outlay,

Data charges. If you do it over your home wi-fi, subject to same bottlenecks as any other device. If you use the mobile phone signal, you will be hit with massive data use charges. Watching lots of video on the mobile network is non-viable. They usually charger per Mb.....even the highest cost contract plans are usually capped, in addition.

Griffin81

Just plugged my Nokia 3210 into the old CRT didn't see a picture but I did get the Nokia tone and a cloud of smoke.  :crazy:  :D

JAN

We are where we are.
Some have lost their signal, some haven't.

Discovered this through much trolling about hte interweb, amazing it is, yer phone is your friend, superb pic, no buffering, and no outlay, what could be better, well not's go there :whistle:

Baza, still have the 4s, the rest are gone, 1.2 dish, sadly have lost the Irish channels, but will do everything to get them back, if it kills me.

Take care and god bless.
If I was patronizing you, I'd be patting you on the head and saying "Size doesn't matter".