Wild bird food

Started by Brian, March 12, 2014, 19:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ginger

Brian - yes, Albox.  Sorry I hadn't noticed you are at Urcal, so perhaps Huercal-Overa is better for you.  You could try on the market there because I think most of the stalls that sell all the dried fruits and nuts also usually have bird seed.  Otherwise, there is a good pet shop on the main road coming in from Albox - it's on the left-hand side almost opposite the garage.  We have never had any vermin problems either and hang ours off the gazebo or a palm tree.  We usually take the peanut feeders down when the young start to fledge, say early April.

Brian

Thank you ginger, I assume you are referring to Albox. We have had a bird table for about 8 years without any problems apart from ants once which was solved by putting ant powder around the base.

Daffy

BEWARE:-   I had a nice bird table going on with seed, fat balls, peanuts in a holder. I then noticed RATS in convoy climbing up and taking everything, even opening the cage that held the suet block. Back and forwards they went, taking everything, I assume, to their nest. They then came in the house! I had a real problem until finally I got rid of them. Now, sorry, but I do not feed the birds!!

Lorraine

Bloke in Arboleas Market (in the town) used to sell it along with nuts and kids sweets. Dont feed bird peanuts this time of year if they have young as the young ones can choke on them.

ginger

Quote from: olly on March 12, 2014, 21:47:44 PM
"He has fat balls". That's getting a little personal ginger!
:lol: :lol: :lol: I could definitely have phrased that better !!!

SRS SERVICES

Think the armoury have this? 
SRS Vehicle Services - 950 44 90 95
We repair all makes and models from family cars to high performance sports cars, MPVs, 4WDs and light commercial vehicles. Mechanical and Electrical diagnostics and repairs, clutch, exhaust, and suspension, through to ECU fault code reading and diagnostics.

olly

"He has fat balls". That's getting a little personal ginger!
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

ginger

The pet shop off Avenida Lepanto, about 3 roads up from Mercadona - sorry can't remember the name.  He sells it loose.  Also has peanuts (usually already bagged) and fat balls.

Brian

Does anyone know where I can obtain wild bird food, other then Iceland?