T.Cut

Started by fidgetmidget, March 24, 2014, 15:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fidgetmidget

Well thanks to everyone who gave me hints....I went to the car factor company in Albox who had Phillips headlight restorer but at 30 euros felt it was a tad too expensive so will look for the arbo stuff instead.  However when I got home did try the duraglit and was amazed to see the whole headlight appear, not something I have seen that clearly for a few years.  I applied the duraglit (well Spanish equivilent) about 4 times, leaving just a minute or so in between each application then buffed up and voala perfectly clear, shining and sparkling headlight glass now, so thanks for the tip. Have used toothpaste, agua fuerte, autosol, etc etc etc and nothing got me to this point so for a couple of euros, I'll stick with it I think. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
FM
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com

Jim1544

Yeh, toothpaste is good but hard work, Tyre king at Antas advertise a headlight polishing service 15 euro per light.
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

Optomist

Quote from: fidgetmidget on March 24, 2014, 17:43:57 PM
Thanks, do either of the aforementioned clean up the headlights that have been dulled by the sun, before we go to get it ITV'd?
Thanks
FM

You need to know 1st if there discolored or a film thats build up that needs removing , sounds silly but try toothpaste , its a scourer but not harsh enough t do any harm , you don't want to make the headlight opaque , you can also buff up plastic with a rotary buffing disk .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

swithin

Our car failed on headlight fog last time, when to Vulcan next to lidle who did the job for 30 €. Took them 30 minuets with disc grinder and product that would have cost €22 just to buy!. Went back hour later and it passed.

hank

FM, try Duraglit, failing that scrape it back with a Stanley Knife blade. H.
If I had to live my life over, I'd live it over a pub.

Windows was unable to locate the requested file. Would you like a glass of wine instead?

fidgetmidget

Thanks, do either of the aforementioned clean up the headlights that have been dulled by the sun, before we go to get it ITV'd?
Thanks
FM
Fidget Midget

Karen4

Think what you might be looking for is called Pulimor liquido?
Cl3880

Optomist

There is a Spanish equivalent that can be bought from the Motor factors almost opposite Dia in Albox . I have a couple of cans of it somewhere in the Garage.

Found them , the ones i bought there is made by Krafft and in 650ml cans , unfortunately the labels are unreadable so not a lot of help .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

fidgetmidget

T cut anyone, anywhere please?
Thanks
FM
Fidget Midget