computer/hard drive help please

Started by horsey, April 15, 2014, 06:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipe

He is using it in a USB slot so the pins will make no difference.  I don't think laptop HDDs have them anyway. I did the same and bought a USB docker for a laptop HDD.  It works great without doing anything.  Windows 7 identifies it simply as an external storage device much like any other uSB device.  It usually automatically gives it a drive letter of L.  This is because I have 8 USB ports and 3 card reader ports.

It may be worth checking the HDD in your PC to make sure that it is set to MASTER with the pin connector on the back of it.

Alerick

Hi
As hotphot said,, if both the hard drives are on the same cable,,your main hdd needs to be pinned as master and the second hdd need to be pinned as slave..
So you need to look at the hdd and move the jumper to the slave position,,that should cure your problem..

hotphot

Did you change the pins at the back of the drive to change from master to slave?
Mike

freddy4dogs

Hi I have used a program called EaseUS partition master before, easy to use and free to download, this may be able to help you

compton

2 men in a bar, the first asks for a H2o. His mate says I'll have an H2o too. The mate  dies!!
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
If nobody comes from the future to stop you doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Roller

Go and see Trevor Spencer at the computer club, Friday mornings at Bar Jacks, Albox

horsey

Hi all you computer buffs. I have recently removed a hard drive (about 200gb) from an old laptop to use as a backup drive in a usb enclousure. I thought this would be straightforward but alas no as it reads as disk 1 in disk management but I cannot format or repartition it. Any ideas please?

thanks in advance
Treat Me With The Same Dignity And Respect You Demand For Yourself And I Will Do Likewise!