Unwanted adverts

Started by byrney, April 17, 2014, 08:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

Thanks Colin, but I wasn't really wanting to complain as I have an awful feeling that it is probably my own fault for ticking a box inadvertently, or not uncrossing one which I should have done - you know, a bit like other infamous websites which take it for granted that you want every conceivable paid "extra" unless you specifically opt out!

So, rather than complain, I'd just simply like to know if there's an easy was of stopping the adverts?

ColinC

I wonder if the item you bought was actually from Amazon or was it one of the companies selling through their site..Either way I would have thought a complaint to Amazon might help, although I don't know how much control they have over the 3rd parties selling through them...Same as Ebay I suppose..

byrney

I recently ordered something from Amazon.es and since then I have been bombarded with unwanted adverts from Spanish companies.  It is obvious that Amazon have passed my details on - or sold them more likely!

Does anybody know of a way that I can stop these as they are getting quite annoying now - 7 or 8 a day.

Thanks in advance.