The HDD probably comes from Samsung, Western Digital or Seagate
The DVD drive more than likely from Toshiba or Panasonic
The processor Intel or AMD
The screen maybe Fujitsu but more than likely Shenzhen
The touch pad Synaptics
The wireless card Intel or Atheros
The graphics card Nvidia or ATI
The motherboard Asus or Foxconn
So overall the name of the lid really does not make a lot of difference. You should concentrate more on HDD size and rotational speed, LED backlit screens rather than CFL, processor performance, weight of the unit if you are going to carry it about, number and type of output ports USB 3 rather than USB 2.
I cannot figure out the fascination with having to have an English keyboard vs 2 years warranty, but each to their own, remember the £ sign is always available using Alt0163 regardless of the key markings.
2 men in a bar, the first asks for a H2o. His mate says I'll have an H2o too. The mate  dies!!
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
If nobody comes from the future to stop you doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Rod

Can't find the list he gave me but Lenovo was number one ( I got one of those ), Acer was on the list, Toshiba and Samsung. What he did say is that although Sony are a good company their laptops are not as good as the others on the list.

tandas

What were the 5 best ones please? I have a 10 year old toshiba on windows xp and could do with a new one.

Rod

My old laptop which I bought over here 7 years ago through a British computer shop was causing me a lot of problems so decided to buy a new one. Went to my previous supplier and he told me he could not match the prices and spec of the UK bought ones. I then went online and bought one through Amazon with just £10 delivery, works great. He also gave me a list of the best 5 ( in his opinion ) laptops to get.
Another reason for this is you get a UK keyboard not a Spanish one.

goodison

Since moving to Spain, has anyone bought a new laptop.  If so, did you buy one in Spain, or did you buy one over the internet?

What do people suggest is the best way and why?