COMPUTER QUERY

Started by CT, June 19, 2014, 16:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CT

Thanks to all (and apologies to Clare). I have tried those options but if anything the pink has got deeper ! I
think it's a new monitor for me. Thanks again.

compton

You don't really give enough info but it sounds like the visual settings within windows have changed.
If you are on XP then go to control panel, Display, Appearance tab and in the drop down box select WINDOWS XP STYLE and in the box below DEFAULT BLUE (assuming you want Blue of course).
If you are running Vista go to Control Panel, click Appearance and Personalization, click Personalization, and then click Window Color and Appearance that you want.
In Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 right click on the desktop, select Personalize, then the WINDOWS COLOR box at the bottom, select you desired colour.

If people will generally post a few details about their system, Desktop/Laptop. memory, processor, operating system (OS) it makes resolving a problem much easier.
2 men in a bar, the first asks for a H2o. His mate says I'll have an H2o too. The mate  dies!!
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
If nobody comes from the future to stop you doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

Queen Clare Shirley

not to nitpick but it's Clare not Shirley.
As I said its the monitor could be the cable but nine times out of ten its the monitor on the way out because if it was the colour scheme the whole screen would be affected.
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

CT

Quote from: Queen Clare Shirley on June 19, 2014, 16:34:51 PM
sounds like your monitor is on its way out, nonetheless wiggle the wires into the monitor and into the pc to see if this helps.

Thanks Shirley, on the way out a bit like its owner :tiphat:I have just realised there is a computer technical section so will try there before finally giving up the ghost, thanks again

Queen Clare Shirley

sounds like your monitor is on its way out, nonetheless wiggle the wires into the monitor and into the pc to see if this helps.

ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

CT

The top part of my desktop PC screen (where all the icons, file, edit, view etc are) has suddenly turned pink !
I have fiddled with it a bit to no avail. I assume this is something to do with the colour settings but can't see how to alter them. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.