Opening .docx attachment in Windows 8.1

Started by sunflowers, June 22, 2014, 13:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talking Heads

Download "Open Office " by apache it is totally free.
Reader and editor for most common document formats.

Steve
DJ to the Almeria Stars..............

sunflowers

Thank you very much for your help. I've now done it.  Easy when you know how!!!!!!!!!!

compton

.Docx is a valid Microsoft office document format, if you don't have Microsoft office Word then open the document with Wordpad.  Wordpad is the free built in (basic) word processor that comes with all Windows installations. From the Start screen (tiles) just type WORDPAD (there is not a box to type in...just type) and the system will search and find the program for you.
Or right click on the file and select OPEN WITH and then select WORDPAD from the displayed list.

Before opening any file sent to your machine you should always scan it for infections, right click on the file and select "Scan with....whatever antivirus program you have installed)"

DOC reader will open .Doc files the older MS Office file type
2 men in a bar, the first asks for a H2o. His mate says I'll have an H2o too. The mate  dies!!
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
If nobody comes from the future to stop you doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?

sharon123

yes I have had this problem with DOC files I put DOC reader exe on my computer that worked and its free.

sunflowers

Quote from: CT on June 22, 2014, 13:47:43 PM
Are you sure the document is genuine - it's the classic way of putting a virus into your computer.

Thank you but it is genuine it opens on my old windows 7 computer

CT

Are you sure the document is genuine - it's the classic way of putting a virus into your computer.

sunflowers

Not sure if this the right place for this. If it isn't- sorry.

We have just bought a new computer with Windows 8.1. Received an email with a docx attachment but cannot open it. We've tried lots of options with no success. We don't want to download Windows Office and pay £7.99 a month just to open a few docx attachments a year. Other types of attachments can be opened with no problems.
Any help (in simple terms!) would be much appreciated, thank you.    :tiphat: