Dongle?

Started by Chris485, July 05, 2014, 15:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ches

Sorry about the link I posted. Should have checked it first. Yes, I'm in the UK at the moment happily using my dongle :D

Chris485

I went directly to the 3 website. But you are correct the link posted dose not work
Chris
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

byrney

Thanks Ches, unfortunatley, the link you've given just says :-

"Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed"

Assume you have to be accessing from the UK?

Chris485

Many thanks Che's. I have checked that out and it looks just what I need. Should save me over £300 a year in line rental.
Chris

Ches

For the last couple of years I have been using a 3Connect PAYG dongle on my visits to the UK. It is very easy to set up.  A top-up of £10.00 usually lasts for two weeks using the laptop for about an hour on a daily basis but any unused credit expires after one month. Once you have registered your dongle number online your account remains open so it's very simple to top-up online plus there are several options of useage and amounts. There are probably better options but it's always worked well for me.

http://support.three.co.uk

tandas

Don't buy a Vodaphone the money runs out if you do not use it just like a phone and if you do not use it for some time they close it down making it useless.   Also I bought a Mas Mobile for when we first got to Spain and it didn't work in Arboleas and was supposed to work in the UK on Orange but it wouldn't connect.

fernlea

Get yourself an Open dongle(unlocked about 20 euros)When in the uk buy a data sim (pay as you go) AND you have it !!!

byrney

One of our friends has a holiday place here and he swears by his dongle.

Whenever I've asked he's said it's qute epensive, but as his firm pays to keep him on his "internet tag", he doesn't know the exact cost - but, it works ok for him.

Having been stung recently by two hotels wanting silly money for "flaky" Internet access, I was wondering the same. Advice also appreciated.

Chris485

So WHY is it not an option? It was my understanding that you plugged it in and you got Internet access. Have I got this wrong?
Chris

felipe

Or chat to a neighbour that has wi fi in their house and ask them if they would mind you tapping into their network for a couple of quid a week.  Just need their password.

jodee

not for the most of us Chris, we are primarily in Spain... just look for a wifi place near to you. bars, tesco etc., town hall, whatever you have in your area :tiphat:
I only drink to make other people seem more interesting.

Chris485

I spend less than 12 weeks a year in the UK and need access to the Internet while I am there WITHOUT paying for a phone line. I thought of a dongle for my laptop on a pay as you go basis. I have never used one before. Is this a good and viable option? Any specific recommendations?
Chris